Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
:sad6: :grouphug:

We need a meet up mate!I would have loved to watch the demos but alas i was working...
Did you have any joy finding a knife for the heathboard carving?

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi..at last a voice ;)
(please don't feel responsible for the group i have a list of 20+ odd people that say they're in the group!)

I have a Knife!
I did a swap with a guy on the swaps area
frost/clipper for a crusader cup lid!

I've already tried it and it seems fine for the job!:D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Kai Leingod, long time no see,
I've been unavailable due to work for ages (Demos/Gardening and family commitments) now hopefully when the summer hols are over in few weeks I should have some spare time.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
no its cool how where the events?

I'm afraid you've missed all the ones your side of the city:
Heartsease park, Pilling park, Waterloo park

this Wednesday 11am - 4PM Eaton park (Near the UEA)

the last
is next Wednesday 11am - 4PM at Slough bottom park(near Asda).

I've got all my firelighting toys and bushcrafty stuff including my RAF survival display.
i't's free and theres some other stuff to see, it's aimed at kids but you're welcome to come along. Globetrotter says he will be there too.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
If i can go ill try and get to the one near asda shouldnt be to hard for me to get there

Cool,"Slough bottom park" Is just off Mariotts way (the old railway path that starts at the Halfords roundabout) if thats a help if you go that way it's quite a nice walk/cycle through woods most of the way.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:rolleyes: Looks like it's going to be wet this Wednesday, I've been getting fed up with very hot weather! thanks to Globetrotter again for last week helping out!
Globetrotter was great he bought cold water and even cooling spray stuff (don't know what it was, good though).
Doing displays in hot conditions is slightly more risky, the "birdsnests" were bursting into flame in seconds rather than the normal minute or two, and my flint bearing block which was sitting in the sun was uncomfortably hot, i met loads of interesting people, including a carving New zealander called Aran who may be interested in the group.

Last opportunity this Wednesday:eek: to come along and talk Bushcraft "Slough bottom park" (near Asda) 11-4pm
just off the A1067(Drayton road) on the left as you travel away from Norwich

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I think Richard ate too much beans this week it was rather windy on wednesday. Thanks Richard for letting me come along, I too enjoyed meeting and chatting to like minded folk. Pity about the wind though.

On another subject I would like to be shown how to resharpen and care for blades, how about a workshop locally.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Me too!
I've got a few that need sharpening!

noticed over the last couple of weeks that:
Deadly nightshade is ripe.

The 5 feet (1.5 m) tall deadly nightshade (Atropa belladonna) is quite rare, and its name which derives from the Anglo-Saxon for ‘narcotic’, gives good warning as to just how poisonous this plant is. The highly toxic cherry-like berries follow the alluring purple bell-shaped flowers. Over many centuries people along the Wey made careful use of the plant for medicine, and curiously it was also used in traditional cosmetics for blanching the skin and removing freckles, hence the common name of ‘fair lady’.
PlantDeadlyNightshadeberrie.jpg

Atropa?
to give you an idea of the power of the poison, British soldiers carry a dirivertive of this plant called atropine, in their Gas mask bag, injected as a last resort if you get the effects of nerve gas, it acts like adrenaline and causes the heart to beat faster than normal etc

stranger still, deadly nightshade is in the potato and tomato family!

be careful guys!

but on the positive side rowan, bramble, sloe and some wild apples are ripe!

P

paintballvern

Hi just thought I would pop in and say hello and see what's been going on any meet ups on the cards???
Ta vern

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi guys and ladies if there are any about.
its good to be back on the forums,

Right the boys back to school, the inlaws have left, now time to get back to nature, anyone free this week for a walk somewhere?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Globetrotter told me how to get back onto the forum cheers mate!

Hi Jay Jay and lord Lurcher, where have you guy's been? I thought you guys were long gone!
Fantastic camp guy's, love the pictures!
Is that a bow and arrow leaning against the shelter?
By the way text book shelter! very cool!

If It's at the place Lord Lurcher told me about, it's quite local to Norwich, (mum's the word;)) are you planning any more camps?

Oh by the way after ages of looking, I've found a supply of Lime tree, though I'll have to cut it rather quietly!:rolleyes: I'll have to use the Hard hat and Hi-vis vest trick!
(probably best not even to mention the area here)
I was thinking of approaching neighbours in my local area but i can't think of a good enough advert, any leaflet mentioning tree cutting/ or favour asking is going to go straight in the recycling bin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE