Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Well the next meet sounds like a plan and now I've got transport again, when you make a start on your shelter again I'm up for lending a hand?!

Sent from somewhere?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I Gary I'd be interested too,

I can confirm the dates 9 to 11 January as next meet otherwise will have to be into February,

gary I'd advise you if you come, the loin cloth is a bit chilli this time of the year, maybe a scarf might be warmer!

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
I Gary I'd be interested too,

I can confirm the dates 9 to 11 January as next meet otherwise will have to be into February,

gary I'd advise you if you come, the loin cloth is a bit chilli this time of the year, maybe a scarf might be warmer!

I'm sticking with the loincloth Dave . A scarf would look silly tied around my waist.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Locations depend on the state of the ground, it can get really soft and turns into a mud bath at the top site, depends on how many are going too.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
The cow shed site is always dry as such, the wooded area is very well drained, the top end has a lot of problems to soft ground, Kev got his van stuck one time and another winter camp we sank into the ground on foot and the site was a right mess.

I like the top site but if it wet then the sheds it will be!

Gary is the loin cloth made of birch bark?

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
The cow shed site is always dry as such, the wooded area is very well drained, the top end has a lot of problems to soft ground, Kev got his van stuck one time and another winter camp we sank into the ground on foot and the site was a right mess.

I like the top site but if it wet then the sheds it will be!

Gary is the loin cloth made of birch bark?

Yes mate and lime tree bark. I won't be trying the friction set while wearing it though. Chafes too much on the old giblets.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
All were good at pushing though. Good job I was only about 3' through the 1st gate :lmao:

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
I heard it was quite bad Kev.

asaro_mudmen_by_ananyana-d4ilo9k.jpg

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi all

how about I start the list for January's meet on the 9th to 11th.........those new to the site don't be shy, even if you only come for the day or just one night, we don't bite, well Gary does but as long as he has his raw hide chews he is good as gold!!!!

Damascus

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE