Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Good news, I got the all clear at the hospital this afternoon, what a weight off my mind, now once back at work sort some dates out for overnighters.

be off the air for couple of days in Germany

P.S. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Good news, I got the all clear at the hospital this afternoon, what a weight off my mind, now once back at work sort some dates out for overnighters.

be off the air for couple of days in Germany

P.S. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:goodluck:
GOOD NEWS there dude

Bad news is :twak::surrender:I can't make the 18th as at BMF (The big Motorbike do in Peterborough) that weekend dagnabit:soapbox: :cussing::vio::tapedshut

Any chance of a change of date Dave?:deal:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Wohoo :bigok:
Been to the new woods in March (TL 42744 95842 52.541754,0.103426)
So overgrown but dead wood everywhere :camping:
Its about 200yds square so should be OK and near the middle is a spot where a tree has fell over leaving a brill place to put up a tarp and the hammocks can be strung around it.:hammock:
No water orsurroundednd sourrounded on two sides by deep dykes. The front access is through an old house and garden (about 250 yards long) or the other side is via a farmers fields headland (rough byway leading to it)
I went round the owners but he was out
He has agreed in principle but just need to finalise the details (may be like Hethel where you have to be there Dave so I might have to be here (to carry the can - so to speak - if anything goes wrong :deal:))
I'll post up some pics when I've had a word.
Carl...fancy a butchers???:naughty:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi guys back from Germany, had a brill time, hic hic, got a couple of presides for you all when we meet up.

all the best Dave

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi guys,

Who's going on the 18th, need numbers so I know how many prezzies to bring, they are all the same so no fighting! my limit is six though. To answer Si, its not brockies, it is something very useful to any outdoor person?

so until then!!!

the smoking magnet.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
looking out the window at the minute, i'd hazard a guess at an umbrella then ;). i should be there. i haven't been commandeered for any work that day....yet. got kevs mystery gift from the forge to look forward to too
Dagnabit I shan't be there either as I'm at BMF for the weekend. I reckon you'll need the car to carry this GIO ;)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Hi guys,

Who's going on the 18th, need numbers so I know how many prezzies to bring, they are all the same so no fighting! my limit is six though. To answer Si, its not brockies, it is something very useful to any outdoor person?

so until then!!!

the smoking magnet.

Not sure if I can make it as I've got a job on, but if I can send someone else who knows

FioFO

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Cheers Dave

:dancer:
Wohoo. Just been for a walk around Skolding woods (TL 42675 95800 52.541389,0.102396) with the owner and had permission to form a group and use them.:bigok:
Not worried about campovers :camping::campfire::hammock: or anything as live wood not cut and all rubbish cleared up.
He's had some folks that can't speak english go down there and pit hunting the deer with crosbows :news:.
Theres oak white beam among the more unusual trees and hosts both black adders and grass snakes. Loads of bunnies apparently.
We will be on trial for two months but I can't see that being any problem so I reckon I might make a start a week Sunday (26th May).:welcome1:
Meet at mine for 9:30 off if thats OK - 8, PE15 9NP (PM for Mobile please)
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please

If anyone fancies a day out have a look here on the Cambridgeshire thread

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We will be on trial for two months but I can't see that being any problem so I reckon I might make a start a week Sunday (26th May).:welcome1:
Meet at mine for 9:30 off if thats OK - 8, PE15 9NP (PM for Mobile please)
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please

If anyone fancies a day out have a look here on the Cambridgeshire thread

Hope it goes well kev, I cant make it i am off to Twickers to see the Baa Baa's play England that day with Edward.....

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Kev,

good news for the site, can't do the Sunday unfortunately, out to lunch with the family. Next time a possible an overnight?

cold campfire

Apr 21, 2012
Norfolk
Hi guys, Dave- really glad you got the all clear. I can't make anything much at the moment as my wife is off work with a bad back and immobilised so I am on permenant kid duty 24/7. I am itching to get out, hopefully some time soon. The new situnds great Kev, I look forward to seeing it soon. Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE