Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

norfolkjohn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2010
norwich norfolk
Feeling lost in the wilderness, it been too long since last we met hopefully i can make our meet up !
Have new Shiney Shiney to show.
Will keep you posted
Best wishes and a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!

cold campfire

Apr 21, 2012
Norfolk
Hi guys, happy new year belatedly. I expect I will be working that weekend although things are now up in the air so I may be lucky. Fingerscrossed, I will confirm asap.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I'm thinking of going to the Suffolk one the week before as well. Anyone else up for it?:camping:
I think it costs £5 each plus a barrow of wood cost shared, etc

From their site

".....
So far List attending is
1. Stu
2. Paul aka Roman Soldier (I want to cook for myself to test kit but willing to help)
3. KIMBOKO aka Nick P Now comfirmed. Shift Changed.
4. Rumcelt
5. Zeon98
6. Tagnut69
7. SJStuart

Plus Posibles
Kev Whitler + 1

I'll be bringing
Coleman Lamp
Table
25ltr Water Carrier
8ltr Dutch Oven + Tripod
Griddle
Large Tarp for Group Shelter

As far as the group meal goes do we want to do it as per norm and each get items, or one person buys the cost split, I am still thinking of something different to a plain stew and thinking about may be a chicken chilli and dumplings, open to suggestions.

There is a Toilet Block, that should be open and water is available from Taps on the site, I will ask for the full shower block to be open.

Of course pics and films being taken is ok...."

I reckon someone is taking a projector and showing films after dark as well

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Just an up date to who's coming, on 9th

Damascus, plus one
mitch66
Whittler "grand pappy" Kev
GT, Saturday only

and.............

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Just another update

I walked to Hethel today and did a recce for the site and it was wet, I suggest anyone sleeping over night either hammock or a raised camp bed, the ground is sodden, I have never seen it so wet.

Kev you will not get your van up the track, Carl it 4 wheel only.

Se you in a week

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Bad news and maybe some good news.
I struggled that much at the Suffolk meet (which was good ;)) that I can hardly walk today due to the dreaded Arthritis so I can only do the Saturday.
Other news is that one (at least) of their members is going to try and attend (I asked him to PM you Damascus). WHich news is which....only you can decide ha ha ha (rattling chain effects etc)

Damascus, plus one
mitch66
Whittler "grand pappy" Kev - now Sat only:(
GT, Saturday only

and.............

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Normal overnight site, all walking in so please bring your own water saving me having to carry too much.

look forward to seeing you all

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE