Nordmarka Oslo , very pic heavy ...yarrrrr

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Hello Paul
No problem with sharps in the hold all went though fine :)
034.jpg

Twodogs

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Ah that's good, thought you might run into a problem with them. Might look then at doing a wee stint in Norway for my 40th, I take it you'd recommend it?

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Great post Cliff, can you give us some info on the, "Jerven thermo xl" how it used, where from etc
thanks
StJon

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great post and trip Cliff, living the dream eh :)
Glad all went well, thanks for posting the details.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Great trip, good photos & another thread inspiring me to get to Scandenavia this year.

I am after one of those kettles, in large preferably, but have been quoted £40 delivery + custom's fees to get one sent here. Maybe going out there to get one is the answer, as I have seen you can get them at XXL(?). Someone, maybe you mentioned they bought one in a good camping shop in Oslo? I want the big one for meets but like the idea of the medium on as well. Any help would be appreciated.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Great trip, good photos & another thread inspiring me to get to Scandenavia this year.

I am after one of those kettles, in large preferably, but have been quoted £40 delivery + custom's fees to get one sent here. Maybe going out there to get one is the answer, as I have seen you can get them at XXL(?). Someone, maybe you mentioned they bought one in a good camping shop in Oslo? I want the big one for meets but like the idea of the medium on as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep,

xxl stock all 3 sizes:

http://www.xxl.no/villmarksliv/turmat-turutstyr&ShopBy=2;8

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Excellent trip Cliff and shows what can be done on the cheap.

Norway is certainly on the 'to-do' list.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Cliff! You had some beautiful waterside camping spots. Any idea what all the trophies / cups were for (how won), in the lodge? I like your gear what you selected. All in all, a fairly minimal set up for the length of time out, nice! Other than the birds, did you see any other wildlife? The foodstuff layout is neat. Are those the Yorkie bars labeled "not for armchair bushcrafters"? :D :D

Gordy

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Hello Gordy, thanks for the comments and the UCO Micro worked a treat , Cheers :)..
The trophies were all for winter sking as far as I can see ,there was loads of birds and some creepy critters but my photo skill arnt up for it :( bit more practice for next time me thinks .

As for the yorkies there ex-rat pack and have " not for civies " on them , Not for armchair bushcrafters :lmao: bad man :cool:
all the best
Cliff

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE