non-instructional bushcraft books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mattw4466

Oct 13, 2006
needham,ma, usa
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books that tell of an account of people surviving in the bush, sort of like a journal telling everything they did or something, thanks.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Try Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver. It's set in the stone age and the author has clearly read up on primitive skills and bushcrafty things to a great extent. Possibly not the kind of thig you're after but recommended to me by an instructor on a recent course. It's a childrens book (the main character is 12) but very well written. Kind of like Harry Potter in the stone age if you get my drift. I'm reading it at the moment and enjoying it.

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
One Man's Wilderness: The story of Dick Proenneke, who trooped off into the Alaskan wilderness, built a cabin by hand and lived there for ~30 years or so. True story.

Into The Wild, John Krakauer: I haven't read it, and it's not so much about survival as about a kid that throws everything away and disappears into the wilderness. True story.

I'm sure there are others, but that's what pops off the top of my head.

Matt Mallery

Jun 4, 2007
Adrift- by Steve Callahan (a sea survival story)

Hey, I'm Alive.

Through the Brazilian Wilderness by Teddy Roosevelt

All true stories

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE