Nomad by nature or hermit by nature?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad or Hermit?

• Nomad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hermit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
TheViking said:
Haha, only 170 posts to go then, and you'll become a SETTLER! Isn't that worse than native? :shock: :rolmao:
Yeah I agree. Settler isn't such a cool buschraft title.

(It's a bit like sim games where you start out in the stone age and everything's cool. Then suddenly you're all civilized and before you know it you have nuclear weapons and ... it's just no fun anymore! :?:)

Glad you can vote now Tomtom! :thumbs_up

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Kath said:
(It's a bit like sim games where you start out in the stone age and everything's cool. Then suddenly you're all civilized and before you know it you have nuclear weapons and ... it's just no fun anymore! :?:)
No one's sent me my nukes yet ... :cry:

leon-1

I find that a lot of factors effect how long I stay in any one place (including the laws in the area), how long I have on the ground, the weather and situation. I voted nomadic because I tend to prefer longer routes rather than solitary locations :wave:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I don't like shlepping from one place to another...i like settling in one place and exploring different directions from that spot. But from now on im gonna camp alot lighter, so i may find myself wanting to move.

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
In an ideal world, i'd make camp for several days, and then move on to a new one. I'm a bit of both really, but I went for hermit because I like being able to explore a certain area thoroughly and returning to a central camp.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
arctic hobo said:
Yes, absolutely (is that 5 now?). I've always liked the "swiss family robinson" style living - several permanent bushcraft shelters, moving between them.
Exactly. :biggthump

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
I fall into both catogory's. I like to set up somewhere, then explore surrounding areas but I dont camp in the same area more than 1 or 2 times, then its off to explore someplace new. I have built perm. sites in a few areas to use as base camps, but usaully prefer to see new ground. what I don't want to see is other people!, I'm out there to share my time with nature and avoid other humans.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Well I had to look this one up to make sure of the meaning. :shock:

Nomad = A member of a group of people who have no fixed home and move according to the seasons from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land.
A person with no fixed residence who roams about; a wanderer.

Hermit = A person who has withdrawn from society and lives a solitary existence; a recluse.

I'm a bit of each I suppose. :roll:

So how many can truly call themselves Hermits?? :roll:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE