No gear challenge Autumn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
so when you gonna get a chance to get these pics and vids uploaded?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I hate doing the write up of any trip but love it once it is done, feel like am back at school

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I hate doing the write up of any trip but love it once it is done, feel like am back at school
Aye same. Never know what to put in, always assumed my little outings would bore people but apparently not lol

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Morning mick! Sorry it's almost over it's been entertaining, pity about your snares do you think it was just a passer by who just happened to stumble across them or something more sinister...? Glad I didn't miss it looking forward to the trip report. You can enjoy your beer with a smug grin....

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
i had the same concern especially with my last one, i just thought i have put all this effort in i hope i don't bore the socks off everyone, was good to get positive feedback way better than i thought it would get as i will do it again in the future and hopefully it not being boring was not a one off thing

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Morning mick! Sorry it's almost over it's been entertaining, pity about your snares do you think it was just a passer by who just happened to stumble across them or something more sinister...? Glad I didn't miss it looking forward to the trip report. You can enjoy your beer with a smug grin....
I know exactly what it's been as I've had dealings with the group in the past and was prewarned by the farmer they had a tendency to unset and remove traps and interfere with crop protection (calling police claiming to have been threatened etc all untrue) it's a shame they operate they way they do as I do agree wholeheartedly animal cruelty is wrong but they don't see the difference between countryside management and people baiting badgers it seems.
And yes I do feel like stig lol

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
i had the same concern especially with my last one, i just thought i have put all this effort in i hope i don't bore the socks off everyone, was good to get positive feedback way better than i thought it would get as i will do it again in the future and hopefully it not being boring was not a one off thing
Aye I absolutely get you. Some people don't see the point in trip reports but I do personally. Especially if you can inject a little humor into them!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Good to hear you had a goodnight Mick, shame about the snares but it goes with the territory nowadays. My money is on a dog walker. From their perspective it's something dangerous that they've helped with, not their fault really if they don't understand why the snares are there.

On the subject of being alone, I talk to myself even when I'm driving alone, and especially when I'm working alone. Probably look nuts to passers by, but not really bothered. All part of being human as far as I'm concerned, we're social animals.

With regards to write ups, they're awesome. Bod's write up has given me hours of entertainment and the video is like the cherry on a cake. It's great to see someone loving what they're doing in such an amazing place and it inspires.

Look forward to your write up Mick and enjoy getting back to civilisation :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers Dewi i'm humbled, i never for one minute thought it would get that type of reaction

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good to hear you had a goodnight Mick, shame about the snares but it goes with the territory nowadays. My money is on a dog walker. From their perspective it's something dangerous that they've helped with, not their fault really if they don't understand why the snares are there.

On the subject of being alone, I talk to myself even when I'm driving alone, and especially when I'm working alone. Probably look nuts to passers by, but not really bothered. All part of being human as far as I'm concerned, we're social animals.

With regards to write ups, they're awesome. Bod's write up has given me hours of entertainment and the video is like the cherry on a cake. It's great to see someone loving what they're doing in such an amazing place and it inspires.

Look forward to your write up Mick and enjoy getting back to civilisation :D

Nah it's a group of people that go around disrupting rural management, I clocked a 4x4 watching me set them and slowly driving around while I was foraging, I even waved and some bill oddy trype sat with a disapproving look, clearly a working farm and pest control gets in the way of his trespassing hobby. There have been snarewatch UK leaflets stapled to posts etc in the past. Pity but hey ho we all have the right to an opinion.

I work primarily alone most of the day so have the radio on and play along with the quizzes daily.

Couldn't agree more with GGTs writeup got hours of entertainment and is as you put it inspiring

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland

Hi bod I only have limited access to the internet & utoob sucks the life out of my 15 gig monthly allowance pretty quickly & I also have to contend with three thieving kids who covertly perform unauthorized downloads. I have watched some of your trip adventures & it's left me wanting more So not boring at all, I love the wee lean-to shelters, wish we had these in Scottish woods... Neither my father nor I could swim & as dad couldn't afford a canoe he built his own made from a canoe shaped wood skeleton about 13 feet long covered with canvas & painted with gloss paint inside & out So as a child I have fond memories of foolhardy adventures in it. It had a large can of evostick glue for any running repairs, leaks or misshapes... I will watch in installments till I see all your reports... evidence suggests that there are people who watch & don't comment also, looking at the number of views anyway.. definately not boring! thanks for sharing...

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers Alan I was kinda having thoughts along those lines as viewing numbers are going up but no one is clicking the like or subscribe button or sharing the videos so i wondered if the vids are not as good as the write up

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yeah, I may be guilty of telling pretty much everyone I speak to about Bod's adventures... I get a bit giddy like that. The only way people are going to get to experience it is if they see it for themselves.

Mick, I see what you mean... as you say, everyone has an opinion about what others are doing, its just that some feel the need to act on it. Removing snares in this scenario has led to a slightly less full belly... it never ceases to amaze me how well you feed yourself on these no gear challenges lol

I reckon you might be onto some with the challenge thing along the lines of the Boone one.... the Micky Mac Challenge maybe? Or the GGT Challenge! :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Mick's challenge would have me whipped i am too attached to my little bag of kit, no knife????? No cups of tea??????? that is me out straight away ahahahahaha

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Yeah, I may be guilty of telling pretty much everyone I speak to about Bod's adventures... I get a bit giddy like that. The only way people are going to get to experience it is if they see it for themselves.

Mick, I see what you mean... as you say, everyone has an opinion about what others are doing, its just that some feel the need to act on it. Removing snares in this scenario has led to a slightly less full belly... it never ceases to amaze me how well you feed yourself on these no gear challenges lol

I reckon you might be onto some with the challenge thing along the lines of the Boone one.... the Micky Mac Challenge maybe? Or the GGT Challenge! :D

Not only that but removing legal snares is actually against the law! As it trespass mind you and they don't mind that. If you keep it sensible Its easy enough to feed yourself really. Diet gets a bit samey like, berries and meat, the odd nut or 2, wild garlic, the odd mushroom. But put yourself in the situation and you manage fine it's strange when you realise what a skill set you actually have.

Would be a good idea to set it up as an actual challenge, although it does carry risks. Maybe allow a FAK for emergencies etc. If and when I get the spare money and time I would love to do snow and arid, if I manage that I've cleard it with herself to get a cockroach tattoo, hard to kill ;)

GGT that looked an amazing experience mate I'm looking to try canoing out myself!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mick's challenge would have me whipped i am too attached to my little bag of kit, no knife????? No cups of tea??????? that is me out straight away ahahahahaha
I have so far managed to find something to use as knives, and have hot water instead :lmao:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I am sure i could make a first strike knife-ish tool or axe but no cups of tea is just base Neanderthal behaviour. With cups of tea i can take any level of cold or suffering, can go without food for days on end no problem as long as i have regular cuppas, without them i just crumble, if they had me in Guantanamo bay they wouldn't need water boarding just 12 hours without a cuppa and i'd tell em everything

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE