No gear challenge Autumn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Any updates Mick, last post I have was 20:45 yesterday, you deaded or what ? :)
Nah still alive and actually had a good kip. Fire was totally out this morning but no stress really. Some kind ,well meaning interfering, *insert dirty words* bunny hugging, *insert another dirty word* has pulled out and taken all of my snares though so no meat today! Save for some left from tea time.

Now I'm not saying we should relegalize man traps... But just saying... If they where here I would still have snares.

Still in good spirits though and did chuckle at the slide marks where he/she had slipped into the burn

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good to hear you are undeaded, so what are the plans\objectives for today ?
Get enough for lunch (already eaten breakfast) take some pictures and if I can a video for your fine selves and dismantle my little temporary home for pickup tonight. Work calls for tomorrow I'm afraid but don't think I would have struggled till morning. Then I have to admit I'll be shmoozing the farmer for shooting permission it seems promising he comes across as a good bloke

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
sounds like you had a good time Mick, i look forward to the pics and vids

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
You made it all seem so easy, I'm sure it was anything but, well done.

Looking forward to the pics etc. and any updates.

Have a well deserved beer or three, if I was there I would buy you one, been an enjoyable thread this has.

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
sounds like you had a good time Mick, i look forward to the pics and vids
Quite enjoyed it like, it's been easier this time I have to admit because I know what I did wrong last time. Only bit I don't like is not having anyone to speak to I'm a chatter so been ringing people in between lol

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
You made it all seem so easy, but I'm sure it was anything but, well done.

Looking forward to the pics etc. and any updates.

Have a well deserved beer or three, if I was there I would buy you one, been an enjoyable thread this has.
Cheers rorymax I'll definitely have a beer, if nothing to finish the bottle I had stolen from me Friday! It's as easy or as hard as you make it in honesty, so long as you have the basic skill set and a bit of gumption you'll do fine. Makes me wonder how some of the "all the gear no idea" types would fare. Suppose I'm actually better equipped than some because I can light friction fires, track, trap and forage etc. But most people here wouldn't struggle too much. I'd like to know how I go about making it an official challenge like the Daniel Boone lol

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
lol i can relate to the tinnitus, i talk to myself, my knife, bugs, birds, the fire, my cuppa, i like when i haven't seen anyone for 5+ days then i start to feel like i belong where i am, then other people come along and start random conversations and i have to pretend to be normal and talk back

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
lol i can relate to the tinnitus, i talk to myself, my knife, bugs, birds, the fire, my cuppa, i like when i haven't seen anyone for 5+ days then i start to feel like i belong where i am, then other people come along and start random conversations and i have to pretend to be normal and talk back
We all must look a bit unusual because I don't think it's uncommon for people here to strike up conversation with equipment and wildlife! I look forward to the day when I become an urban legend of the bloke that lives in the woods

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
There are always bad stories attached to them Mick, plus the younguns usually find great sport in tormenting them 'cough cough' remembers guilt ridden childhood

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
There are always bad stories attached to them Mick, plus the younguns usually find great sport in tormenting them 'cough cough' remembers guilt ridden childhood
That's a point I suppose like. I'd be a disappointment for anyone like that outside the woods and whatnot I actually live a pretty pedestrian suburban life! Most of the people I work with etc wouldn't believe I do this kind of thing for fun. But I do get a good chuckle when they talk about bear frills and how they'd love to try it. Poor misguided souls

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE