nikwax tech wash

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
bought a dutch bivvy bag off the bay was musty smelling so give it a wash with the above as i put it on the line to dry, cotton cover of it fill apart developed holes, needless to say seller is denying all responsibility and is stating tech wash should not be used to clean this item, anyone heard of this?

greenshoots

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Tech wash rotting cotton? No way on earth.

Its sounding like the cotton was already rotten. Although I wouldn't use it to wash cotton on its own, I'd certainly use it to wash the lot together and gear manufacturers recommend the same process.
Nikwax cotton proof uses tech wash as a prewash.

The not using it on cotton line is wrong IMO.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
As you say it smelt musty I imagine that the fungus had already damaged the cotton & washing it mearly allowed the fibres to separate. The tech wash wasn't to blame.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Immeadiatly open a dispute. State your case, as made by Blacktimberwolf, and you'll probably get your money back. If Paypal refuse to give you your money back, contact the Financial Ombundsman whom Paypal are voluntarily registered with. When it goes that far, Paypal normally become quite agreeable quite quickly....:rolleyes:

[Personally, I think these online giants, Amazon, Google, Ebay etc who make billions from taxpayers, yet occupy a virtual space, apparently devoid of regulation, and so dont have to invest any money back into our economy & infastructure in the form of taxes are despicable.]
Although I do use them same as everyone else...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE