night out in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
hello.

spent the night out in some woods in east sussex.

here is my poncho / hammock set up.

in the morning i had the good fortune to see a tawnie owl fly past me (it was about 5 feet away),

Attachments

• basha.jpg
    basha.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 252

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
good stuff, I have just returned from a wander where I saw a buzzard about 10ft from me flying about head height across this trail i was walking. Was a pleasant suprise to see one so close instead of soaring above as they do.

Booosh

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I don't know whether to start this post with "Sadly", but here goes anyway.
I regularly get to see Tawny, Barn and Little owls, as well as Red Kite and Buzzard on the lane up to our house.
It does nothing to encourage me to spend a night out under the stars though... guess I'm just getting old ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

M

marcja

I took these today as it happens, the hammock is £30 (or £20 without the net). you can of course buy the hammock with the net and use it with or turn it over and use it without the net.

(The tree in the background was nice enough to have prepared a nice lump of resin for me as well).

Marc

Attachments

• PICT0056.jpg
    PICT0056.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0058.jpg
    PICT0058.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0065.jpg
    PICT0065.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 82

Elliott

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2004
Dorset
marcja said:
I took these today as it happens, the hammock is £30 (or £20 without the net). you can of course buy the hammock with the net and use it with or turn it over and use it without the net.

(The tree in the background was nice enough to have prepared a nice lump of resin for me as well).

Marc

Is this the moskito traveller? How have you attached it to the tree as I am guessing from the pictures you did`nt purchase the travel rope they advertise - looking forward for a review if you plan on one.

Elliott

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Nice hammock set ups guys!!

I'm off to the woods within a month or so (date not sure) with a mate, and in preperation for this I checked if I could use my Woodlore aussie camouflage tarpaulin over my Hennessey Hammock (one of the very first models, dating from 1999 or something) ... and it works a treat!!!

When I'm out I'll try to make some piccies of it and post them aswell!

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
grahoom said:
hello.

spent the night out in some woods in east sussex.

here is my poncho / hammock set up.

in the morning i had the good fortune to see a tawnie owl fly past me (it was about 5 feet away),

Nice one mate ;)

All went well then I guess.

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
Evening folks,

While we are on the subject of hammocks, and you all seem to be users one way or another you might be able to help.

I am 6'6" and weigh about 18 stone (115Kg) and i am looking for a hammock but i am struggling to find one that is fit for purpose.

Any ideas? :confused:

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
StormWalker said:
Evening folks,

While we are on the subject of hammocks, and you all seem to be users one way or another you might be able to help.

I am 6'6" and weigh about 18 stone (115Kg) and i am looking for a hammock but i am struggling to find one that is fit for purpose.

Any ideas? :confused:

Bit expensive, but the woodlore happily takes my 18st, no problem. It's also plenty long enough too... Just gotta find a strong tree now :D

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
innocent bystander said:
Bit expensive, but the woodlore happily takes my 18st, no problem. It's also plenty long enough too... Just gotta find a strong tree now :D

Or maybe two strong trees... :p

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE