Newer Ridgeline monsoon elite 2 question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi all,
am booked on PKs forest hunter course later this year and wanted to get a new waterproof jacket. Have been looking at the newer Ridgeline Monsoon Elite 11 smock, does anyone have any experience with it. I know the older ones were proper hotboxes and hung onto the water on the outer fabric. Is the newer material still as silent? I did look at the Swazi, but but not keen on the lack of pockets.
Cheers
Baggins

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don’t have the figures to hand, but the II has much improved breathability. Bear in mind the Monsoon isn’t designed as a high activity coat, it’s for sitting in a hide, in the rain or cold, for long periods of time, so it should suit your needs well. The outer fabric is used across the range, is soft and quiet but does wet out, I’ve been out in the Pintail today in the deluge and I got home dry.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Improved but not by much have the newer pintail and its a sweat box and not good in any long rain shower. Been out their morning near Rothbury soaked through to clothing underneath for me ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My Pintail has been ok in the wet. I don’t think it’s all day waterproof though, the fabric doesn’t feel thick enough. Like Harkila stuff, its designed to be quiet for hunting, so maybe not a good choice on energetic outings?

Did a site search because we’ve chatted Ridgeline Monsoon before, here’s some more input.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just went out for an hour in the rain no bag carried, it soaked through to my clothing below

Has it been washed? If not I’d be having a word with the supplier.

Mind you, we ought to stick to the Monsoon discussion really.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Cheers for the replys. My new one arrived today, so you can thank me now for the driest 3 months ever, lol! (i joke that if i had ordered a pair of shorts, we'd have had frost this week).
Fits really well, and lovely and light. Will just have to wait for a decent couple of wet days to give it a proper test.

Forager
Sep 25, 2013
Scotland
www.instagram.com
He does a hunting course now? Huh. I didn't realise he was involved with shooting sports. I have the monsoon you're talking about that holds a bit of water but I've never found it to be as hot as folk say. I wouldn't wear it in the banging heat or anything, but I'd definitely buy it again. I believe the 2 is rather loud in comparison.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Yeah, it's the forest hunter course. a week in Scotland learning all the basics, stalking, shooting, prep etc and with a chance to take your DSC1 at the end. I think he's been running it for a few years now. Seems to get booked up very quickly.

Reactions: 0000

Forager
Sep 25, 2013
Scotland
www.instagram.com
Yeah, it's the forest hunter course. a week in Scotland learning all the basics, stalking, shooting, prep etc and with a chance to take your DSC1 at the end. I think he's been running it for a few years now. Seems to get booked up very quickly.
Cool! Enjoy! Well I was a professional stalker/keeper in Scotland and can confirm that every keeper has a monsoon. I haven't seen anyone with the monsoon 2 though. I'm thinking about it myself.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've got the original monsoon and had a couple of zips sewn in under the arms to help with ventilation (I overheat quite quickly) and this seems to work a treat!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE