Newcomer - trying to contact Woodlorien

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Steve Finn

Hi Guys - I'm trying tom get through to Woodlorien, Ive ordered a BCB Metal lid, and haven't had any comms from him. Anyone know if all is ok ?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
How did you contact him in the first place? He joined here on 4 August 2016 made one post and has never visited the forum again. On the face of it, that doesn't make this forum a likely place to make contact. Delving into his profile, I see he is associated with a bushcraft school, has a website, and there are various contact details there, including email and phone number. Are those what you have been trying?

S

Steve Finn

OK I give up - cant find anything online or on his profile - can you post the links please?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Try doing a google* search on 'woodlorien bushcraft'. Lots of hits ;)

Did you purchase through ebay? If you did make use of them and their policies.

* other search engines should return the same or similar results :D

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
If Woodlorien hasn't made his other details public on this forum, it isn't right for us to publish them.

Fortunately, that isn't the only info we have to go on. I found this link through Google:

https://www.facebook.com/chelmerbus...41829.582568758487583/919514578126331/?type=3

"Handmade aluminium Crusader cup lids available from Les Davidson of Wildcrafts"..."Les has them on eBay if required. £10.00 or best offer. Seller id on eBay is woodlorien"

Is that the sort of thing that you ordered?

Good luck. Hopefully its not a problem, just summer break.

Last edited:
S

Steve Finn

Cheers all - that's the feller. I have opened a case through E-bay, but I was trying not to, as a fellow bushcrafter 'n' all....

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I have opened a case through E-bay

I note, from the blurb in his description, that he's away until the 18th ~ I've no idea how long he's been away but it could be why he's not responded ;) . And because he's away it could be a couple of days before he responds to the opened case.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
…..and it's a bit off to join a forum just to rail against someone whom you have bought from on ebay.

Don't do it again.

M

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Cheers all - that's the feller. I have opened a case through E-bay, but I was trying not to, as a fellow bushcrafter 'n' all....

The usual etiquette when joining a bushcraft forum (or indeed any forum or social group) is to say "Hi" and introduce yourself and say a bit about your interests etc.

Instead, you seem to have just joined this forum to publicise a grievance against someone you bought something from for £10 on the Bay of E among people who may be his prospective customers.

The delay may be because the guy is on holiday at the moment and if it is not sorted out on his return, the Bay of E will make sure you don't lose money and gives you the opportunity to provide whatever customer feedback you feel is appropriate.

:(

Edit - Toddy can type faster than me!

Last edited:
S

Steve Finn

You can all relax! I have located said Woodlorien, he is indeed away - in Scotland until 19th. And for the moaners, I was not railing against him, I was trying to locate him to talk to him. Check my orig post - it asks if all is ok.....but hey, that's the web, even the most mildly worded posts can be construed by those that want them to as negative. Cheers all, you've made sure I wont bother here again.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Steve as one of the mod team on here I feel you're being a tad unfair.

You are a guest at our campfire. Your first post is not about the joys of wilderness living and an introduction it was to track down an eBay seller.

Information was provided for you.

Your last post doesn't enhance the feeling that your only reason for joining here was to recover the money you spent on eBay.

So you will have to forgive those that feel you abused their hospitality.
Mu
Please join in with the discussion you may find that the site offers more than you think.

Woodlorien

Aug 4, 2016
southminster
Oops...looks like I missed this discussion....amongst others...to set the record straight...I was in Scotland, wild camping in the Ben Nevis area....no phone...it was blissful...guy got his lid when I returned...thanks for the support tho...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE