New Year Meet at Swyn's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I am posting this little note to test the water. (Please note that this is now edited to the Hoot in 2010!)

I would be happy to host another NEW YEAR meet for those interested.

Dates are confirmed as 19, 20 & 21 Feb 2010.

There are quite a few Christmas meets posted and I do not want to step on anyones feet this side of Christmas with another.

All the usual things will be going on....including the successful pit roast of tender venison! (although the Keeper does not know this yet!)

I would be happy for any other suggestions to be put forward too. (Mine is a plank chair demo)

Those with teaching skills have expressed their interest to come and host some informal workshops which is generous and kind. Thanks to all of you. I am sure that other skilled folks will step forward to offer their talents so watch this space.

The site is in the usual spot and can cope with 30 bods. + 500 acres of woodland in which to wander freely.
There is water, and main fire site under Rod's parachute.
There are loos and simple washing facilities.

There is shelter in the old barn and for those workshops that need it, AND in case of storms! (some will remember that one!)

£10 pppd for adults and £5 for 12-18 yr olds.

Please feel free to come along.

Swyn.

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I am glad that you guys posted here, I would have missed it while on holiday otherwise.

I am definitely interested in coming :D

If nothing else I want to find out if Swyn has broken his knife yet. :p

Will have a think whether I am qualified to demo anything ;)

Cheers!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Swyn

Been a long time since I stayed at the site so a weekend would be great.

The second weekend would be the one I could attend as it is my sons 1st birthday on the 10th.

Cheers

George

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
No Chris. I use it every day when I'm at home. Much admired too! (the knife that is)

Would you consider doing a tempering/metalwork workshop? I did put mini forging but think this may be the wrong title...ie, dodgy £1 coins!!:rolleyes: Sorry Aaron!

I'm very flexible with the dates too and can move into Feb but, 2nd WE in Jan could be made a little firmer...?

Cheers!

Swyn.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
Being the new boy round hereabouts, I thought i'd ask first and not presume. I think I'm up for this if thats o.k with you Swyn? I'm in berkshire so we're practically neighbours.

Let me know if its o.k to tag along.

Thanks

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I must apologise for not posting sooner.

Dan Dan you would be welcome mate, thanks for asking!:thanks:

I will be focussing on the second set of dates ie 16, 17, & 18 Jan as there seems to be a squeeze on time at present. I am still trying to recover from the damage resulting from the sudden snowfall!

I do hope y'all have a very merry Christmas and New Year break with your families:D :present:

Cheers from Swyn

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I must apologise for not posting sooner.

Dan Dan you would be welcome mate, thanks for asking!:thanks:

I will be focussing on the second set of dates ie 16, 17, & 18 Jan as there seems to be a squeeze on time at present. I am still trying to recover from the damage resulting from the sudden snowfall!

I do hope y'all have a very merry Christmas and New Year break with your families:D :present:

Cheers from Swyn

Many thanks for that Swyn. Unfortunately I can't make that weekend, but would certainly be interested in any future weekends you might be offering.

Cheers,

Dave

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hope all of you had a lovely Christmas and will enjoy your New years celebrations.

I would like to have a numbers count please from those who intend coming to the meet. It would be good to see some new faces alongside the regulars.

Please let me know soon. Thanks.

Swyn.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Put me down for attending Swyn .

I may have a couple of others who may be interested and will let you know soon.

Cheers and I hope you and the family had a great Christmas.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE