New Year – Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
We are going to try for early afternoon on Friday , Give or take a couple of hours as there is women and children involved ! :)

Craig...........

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
One of Jens friends id down from Aberdeen and she is going to come along to even out the numbers , not sure if its numbers of male to female or sane to insane ! :yelrotflm

Craig.........

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi Drew , there is a parachute set up in the lower field with a wheel rim fire pit in the middle with plenty space for everyone to sit around .

299wk.jpg

231co.jpg

There is plenty or space in the woods for camping and hammocking and you can have yourself a fire there if you want , just keep it to a reasonable size and don't cut any of the standing or fallen trees . there is firewood available to buy from comrie croft or Colin might take the landy for a drive up the hill to pick our own .

252r.jpg

Craig............

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I should be arriving at Comrie Croft around Midday to early afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully someone will already have the fire up and running if not i will get it going. Looking forward to this one, a pleasant change from spending new years eve in a pub with hundreds of other people. see you guys and girls there.

Not even sure whos going to this one as i have just finished packing most of my gear for the trip and cant be bothered trawling through 6 pages of comments.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Just a wee final BUMP for new year at Comrie croft , Me and the family will be heading up for Friday lunchtime and staying right through till Monday morning .

As usual there will be the parachute in the lower field with its fire circle to sit around , also i have the makings of a big pot of soup and for Saturday night i have some haggis,neeps and tatties (both veggie and normal)
So if you are at a loose end on the 31st pop on over for the night and have a dram round the fire.

P.S. we will also be requiring a first foot or two ! :cool:

Craig............

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Happy new year to everyone that wasn't at Comrie , just back from three nights glamping in the mud , rain and snow .
We had a great laugh with some great folk at an amazing site. Cheers to charleslokerbie for accompanying us along to the Flambeaux , and to big Jason for keeping me up to 7.30 in the morning.
I will be posting some pics when Ive had another sleep as I'm knackered .

I would also like to say a big thanks to George and the other staff at Comrie croft ! you guys rock !!!

Craig.............

MAGENTA JEN

Jan 2, 2012
uk
Happy new year to everyone that wasn't at Comrie , just back from three nights glamping in the mud , rain and snow .
We had a great laugh with some great folk at an amazing site. Cheers to charleslokerbie for accompanying us along to the Flambeaux , and to big Jason for keeping me up to 7.30 in the morning.
I will be posting some pics when Ive had another sleep as I'm knackered .

I would also like to say a big thanks to George and the other staff at Comrie croft ! you guys rock !!!

Craig.............

You guys never DID get around to mud wrestling LOL I am rather proud of my spoon(s) freshly carved by my own fair hands. I left having met some terrific new peeps, had a giggle with some of the usual loonies and managed to keep the dog from eating the hens (just) .... AND I was not the only lass there, Cols lovely wife joined us for night 2 and Annie for night 3.

Highlights of the long weekend ......... I got to see Cols wee lad make mud angels he gave me a cuddle and I found out he REALLY likes bananas, I danced a sort of punk version of scottish country dancing with charleslockerbie at the flambeaux, and I also seem to have gained a SON in Drew Dunn Respect:lmao:

ONLY on a BCUK meet .... right ???

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!

:You_Rock_

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
As promised here are some pics of the weekend , I seem to have done more talking than picture taking .

Col with the ever muddy Ross
105heq.jpg

My two girls Heather and Erin doing a bit of spoon and butter knife carving under the tuition of Drew
110io.jpg

My good lady Majenta Jen spoon carving wearing the correct attire unlike the kids who won't wear green (we shall see)
109cc.jpg

Jen sitting with our not so light foster dog Ellie .
134wf.jpg

the obligatory TV shot
136yv.jpg

A rather tidy if snowy/muddy site on our departure .
147rd.jpg

At new year i drove Charles and my family into Comrie for the flambeaux , most of my pics aren't worth posting but i do have a piece of film i will post when i work out how!
123mgs.jpg

Craig............

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE