New Year – Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
New Year – Comrie Croft

Having spoken to Toddy this evening I’ve decided to plan a New Years meet at Comrie Croft (with Toddy’s help :) ) …the dates being Friday 30th through to Tuesday 3rd Jan. I spoke to Andrew at Comrie earlier today and he had kindly reduced the camping fee to £7 per night instead of £9. He is also looking into the availability of the hall which, if free, we may hire. If this is the case we would ask everyone attending to contribute to the cost, as we did at the last meet there. If we can’t use the hall then we can use the barn but that will also be open to others staying there over the new year period.

It will be a casual format with everyone fending for themselves food wise apart from the evening meal on Hogmanay when we could all help in a communal feast to bring in the new year….more about this nearer the time. Even a casual event takes a bit of organising and Mary and I cannot do everything so other helpers will be needed…so don’t be shy…put your name forward. As usual the biggest task is firewood…apart from that it’s just the general running of the communal camp set up. I’ll make a list of things that will need brought along & things that will need done to see who can help with what.

I will need to leave on the Monday so will need someone to wind things up on the Tuesday…not that there will be much to do. Please add your name below if you’re interested in coming along and for what dates. If anyone has any questions / suggestions please get in touch.

Vince

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Russ...Didn't think you'd miss a New Year meet at Comrie. I picked some sloes for the first time yesterday so hopefully something will be ready by then!

Be great to see you and your family there Craig. I've not been to the fire festival but might head along this year...Comrie is 2 miles from Comrie Croft...not too far to walk...or drive if you're not drinking but get the feeling it might be tight for parking.

Catch up soon... Vince

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
I like that idea.

Put us down provisionally for it, depending on our shifts over Christmas and new Year.

If we can make it we're happy to help out anyway we can :)

Cheers
Ness :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hmmm I'd love to go for the duration.

Thing is, every Hogmany I do a huge buffet for my local Masonic Lodge and have done for years.

I'd pass on it but it's a good earner for me and you never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Especially when that's what I've put in the sausage rolls! :D

Liam

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We were aiming for Hogmanay, the New Year, Ne'erday and a couple of days afterwards, thinking that if the weather's good folks might come up even for just an overnighter and wish folks the best. Chill out in a beautiful place with good company.

If you're free after your Masonic do's bye Liam, come away up and join us :D

V'ness, I don't know if the rooms in the Lodge are going to be all booked, but you could maybe see about a family ensuite room if that'd be easier with the children? They were brilliant in the Kata though :D

cheers,
M

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I will be up on Friday 30th and leaving on the Monday morning .

Jen and the kids will be coming up as well and we have booked into one of the Katas for our stay .

Craig.......

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Toddy, we've been considering investing in an all season canvas tent with a stove. Just so we arent so restricted to only good weather camping with the wee ones.

This might be a good trial :D

Cheers
Ness :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You have no idea how hard I'm praying third time lucky :D

1st one, Russ had a wee mishap with an axe :yikes:
2nd one, we had -17degC and two foot of snow :hatscarf:
This year's going to be brilliant :D Isn't it ? :beerchug:

Sounds like a good set up Nessa, especially if you'll get good use out of it :cool:
The bell tents are incredibly practical family space.

atb,
M

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Just a wee BUMP to see if there is anyone else that fancies a new Year getaway at Comrie Croft .

Craig.........

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
i will be there hopefully on the friday but it could be late cos i am at work on nights the night before so wont be setting off till about one aclock friday and i live in teesside northeast england so will be arriving late friday drew

so drew to confirm but will no nearer the time drew

ps will bring a parachute thats 120 in circumfrance for comunal fire if thats what is wanted and i will confirm later to day cos i just need to ask the parents

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
They have a parachute already set up in the bottom field with a good ring of stones for the fire .

We will make sure that the kettle is on and the soup pot is hot .

Craig............

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
The more the merrier . I was chatting to Windward on Friday he will be there for sure and we are thinking of going for a walk into Comrie (about 2 miles)
for the fire festival at midnight . Well depending on the weather !

Craig........

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
I'm planning to come along for the Friday through to Tuesday. Unless anything else comes up sooner, this will be my first winter camp. Got a shopping list of gear to get...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE