New Year – Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I was looking at Comrie crofts website last night and noticed that Camping with your own tent is closed till march 1st ,while the katas will be open all winter .

http://www.comriecroft.com/camping.html

I gave them a phone this morning to ask about new year and the camping is open for anyone from BCUK that are heading up there for new year weekend .

Craig.......

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Sound good mate the , my kids have been doing a snow dance in the hope we will have some for sledging , snowmen and snow ball fights !

Craig...........

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I'd love to come but I'm committed here with my Fiancee and the first proper break we've had together this year. I'll have a scout around for some logs, we're not short of fallen tree's at the minute. Someone mentioned walking to or from Comrie for the Flambeaux, I would strongly not recommend this. The road and in particular the straights either side of the Croft are used by the local kids to race along at v high speed. I met one kid belting along at a vast rate of knots without lights on a crappy dark night! Enjoy and I'll see what I can do about some wood.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Good to hear you can manage it Drew .
I was talking to George from Comrie croft the last time i was there and he did the walk one year on the farm tracks well away from the main road so it might not be to bad , i was going to walk the route the day before just to make sure i don't get lost in the dark and after a couple of celebratory nips.

Hi col , we are booked into the kata in the bottom field , we will have the stove on the go most of the time so if you want the wee man can have a warm up when he wants.

Craig...........

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Good to hear you can manage it Drew .
I was talking to George from Comrie croft the last time i was there and he did the walk one year on the farm tracks well away from the main road so it might not be to bad , i was going to walk the route the day before just to make sure i don't get lost in the dark and after a couple of celebratory nips.

Hi col , we are booked into the kata in the bottom field , we will have the stove on the go most of the time so if you want the wee man can have a warm up when he wants.

Craig...........

thanks Craig i might take you up on that offer mate. i hope this isnt a ploy to try and get one of your daughters married off to my boy is it? ive already told you the price is 4 camels and a pair off ear plugs for the boys father lol. Too many women in my house already mate (1) lol

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
thanks Craig i might take you up on that offer mate. i hope this isnt a ploy to try and get one of your daughters married off to my boy is it? ive already told you the price is 4 camels and a pair off ear plugs for the boys father lol. Too many women in my house already mate (1) lol

Hahahaha , i know what you mean about the earplugs ! I'm afraid i will be stuck with them for a good few years yet . the age difference might be a bit much and my youngest is broken again (13 and she is on broken left arm no. 5 ! )

You and yours are welcome in our tent anytime .

Craig.........

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
A wee shameless bump for this one so anyone who hasnt seen this post can plan for new year, come along and meet some old friends as well as some new ones and Comrie croft is such a lovely friendly place.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tried and failed, she's roped me into going out with her mates on the lash, then for a curry and back to ours for a bit of a party :(

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I tried and failed, she's roped me into going out with her mates on the lash, then for a curry and back to ours for a bit of a party :(

Rich i thought you said she doesnt get out a lot drinking wise, if so, wont she be too hammered to notice that you sneaked out the back door and driven 300 miles up the road to be where you belong, in the Scottish Highlands, bringing in a Scottish Hogmany. Hope you have a good time this new year mate and maybe catch up next year for a wee trek somewhere....

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Just found out that the wifey is even coming up for an overnighter with the wee man as well, i will be up for the usual 3 or 4 days glamping, looking forward to seeing some old friends and Comrie is a place that i have come to love, hope everyone thats thinking about coming up, just goes for it, the more the merrier..

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rich i thought you said she doesnt get out a lot drinking wise, if so, wont she be too hammered to notice that you sneaked out the back door and driven 300 miles up the road to be where you belong, in the Scottish Highlands, bringing in a Scottish Hogmany. Hope you have a good time this new year mate and maybe catch up next year for a wee trek somewhere....

Yeah defo mate, get Chrimbo out the way and then I'll see what's on. Have you got anything planned?

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Yeah defo mate, get Chrimbo out the way and then I'll see what's on. Have you got anything planned?

As usual i do everything on the hoof mate, but if you want a nice trek we can sort something out like the birks of aberfeldy then up onto urlar moor and back down, but i know dozens of nice walks, so we can easily get something sorted for the type of walk/distance you like Rich.

Been out walking 3 or 4 miles most evenings lately in training for my lands end/john o'groats trek next year, but it must be an age thing cause i swear im getting slower and fatter lol...

Sorry for the thread hijack....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE