New to this need some help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
Just dont over comlpicate things.
For your stove have you looked at hobo stoves. Can be sed with a meths burner or as a wood burner.

Oh and dont forget your FAK.

Thanks for reminding me about the first aid kit will stick one in

will take a look at the hobo stoves

also has any one got a old kit bag they dont use or is abit damaged they want to sell ?

thanks again im camping in the garden tonight on the ground only sleeping bags and a mat and a old bit of green industrial tarp hung over me with one end tired to a tree and another tied to the washing line lol

still in wifi range though misses thinks i have lost it haha 1 nil

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Someone's been busy!
For the meet I wouldn't bother with the water bottles or multi-fuel stove. Just cook on the main fire - we need to spend a while gathering firewood beforehand

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
still in wifi range though misses thinks i have lost it haha 1 nil

The first time I tried out my hammock it was in the front garden, tied between the 4x4 and the hedge - my wife could see the glow from my iPhone from the bedroom window! She thinks I'm mad too - she wasn't even there last night but I slept in the garden

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
just an update guys on the gear i got ready so far

2x sleeping bag one fits inside the other if needs be both 3 season bags

2x blankets

1x bivi bag on order its the alpkit hunter

1x hammock lent by Jackcbr (thanks jack is this still ok ? ) no probs, will get up in the loft and ferret it out this weekend

1x dd 3x3 tarp going to order tomorrow

1x fold away chair – absolute must, highly prized round the fire.

1million x food :D

warm cloths

ground sheet to put gear on or sit on or put my feet on when i get out of hammock ect

foam mat never know when i may need it – if you've got one, it can go in the hammock to keep you warm

1x headlight

1x little flashlight

a fair bit of 550 para cord just incase i need it for anything

a couple of solid fuel tablets and some wax tinder and 2 tampons they work well hehe hoping to not use and gather my own tinder (if someone could show me how and what i should be looking for) but at 6 am when im trying to make a tea i dont wanna mess about with dampish tinder from the day before hehe its a just incase thing !!

1x mora clipper knife just a cheapo for now – some say this is the only knife you'll need. And in some ways I would agree. But then made my own anyway

couple of old coke bottles for water – there is normally running water from a very nearby tap, so you won't need two.

8x bottles of speckled hen hehe gotta have it

a fold away spade for number 2s or is there a toilet ? Toilet, with paper (but carry my own jic)

still need to get

1x mutli fuel stove im still stuck on this one guys ive looked at the mkettle it looks nice but dont know if i could put a cooking pot on top though seems like it may be abit unstable

ive also looked at the honey stove looks really nice but dont know if it would boil water as well as the mkettle but i can cook food on it

any suggestions guys ? would like a compact one i could pack it all into the pot i use to cook with

im hoping i can do most of my cooking on the big fire couple of potatoes maybe even attempt some Banic Bread !

any other things i can cook on the fie ?

anything else you can think of i need or even just may want for comfort

Comments above mate. Looking forward to seeing you there

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I pitch my hammock in the garden when the nights are to hot to sleep inside. My other half doesn't think I'm mad, should I be worried.

Judging by most of your comments on this forum to me, I think she's got other things to worry about... :D

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
Hehe i may not need a multi fuel stove but I'm going to get one anyway hehe I would like to be able to make a cup of tea if needs to in the night or early morning with out going to the main fire

Jack do I need anything else to hang the hammock or my tarp do i need rope or elastic ?

It not cold yet just undone one if my sleeping bags as abit hot

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
sweet thanks alot gunna say goodnight now got abit colder so zipping up and trying to get to sleep nn guys catch ya tomoz or abit later if i cant sleep :p

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
rain thats my night over lol its 3am going into my bed was very warm but not getting wet as no tarp yet hehe

on a side not got my bivi bag got an ex army gore tex one for £19 pound used but great condition no holdall but ill just put it in a dry bag

bargain i think

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
You said you had an old tarp over you! Giving up at 3am and going home is called "Doing a Hugo".... ;)

Good news about the bivi bag, sounds like a bargain!

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
Yeah I did but the risk was still going all over my bag think I hung it a hit to high for on the floor lession learnt LOL

Orderd my d&d 3x3 tarp

Getting there slowly guys

rg598

Native
I don't know how much of it will apply to your area, but you can take a look at this (in particular parts 5 and 6):

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 1-Introduction: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/beginners-guide-to-bushcraft-and.html

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 2-Day Hike: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/day-hike-general-considerations-easiest.html

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 3-Clothing: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/day-hike-clothing-now-that-we-have.html

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 4-Day Hike Gear: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/day-hike-gear-now-that-we-have-clothing.html

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 5-Overnight Camping: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/overnight-camping-general.html

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 6-Overnight Gear: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/beginners-guide-to-bushcraft-and_23.html

Beginner's Guide to Bushcraft and Camping-Part 7: http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/beginners-guide-to-bushcraft-and_4781.html

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
really sorry guys but due to work commitments i cant get the night off

really disappointed got all my gear sorted to

still hoping to get up for a couple of hours on sat though if all goes ok at work

working friday sat sun mon nights so may only be a couple of hours

really sorry im sure there will be other meets though

darren

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
That's a shame, Darren but we're aiming to meet on the last weekend of every month. If we don't see you on Saturday, hopefully see you next time!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Did we scare you off mate? Honest, we don't bite, unless thats what you're into. I'll leave the spare hammock in the bag just in case things change. If you can pop along and say hi, you'll be more than welcome. Bring a mug and tea bag, I'm sure there'll be a pot on the boil for a brew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE