New SWC!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Finally got my SWC yesterday. I picked up the package from the postoffice and literally ran back to my car with it to open it. I ordered in November.

It's 4mm O1 with birdseye maple, red liners and loveless pins.
I've wanted this knife for nearly 6 years.
Call me a Ray fancier or anything you want. I'm too happy to care:)

I'm well aware that there are plenty on here who were proficient at bushcraft before the earth was formed and owe nothing of their skillset to Ray, but I'm not one of them. I just find this style of knife to be easy on the eye and a joy to use!

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
was tempted by the blanks he did at swc after w8ing 3 months for a reply to an email i made my own £65 for a blank i got a finished knife for £12.50 ...-the three days work it took me lol
PA170012.jpg

this was before sharpening and a little polishing so the edge looks a little weird turned an entire hard wood pallet in to feather sticks the other day and it still takes 0.25 mm shavings off copy paper rather glad i never got a reply now .

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
I am, has a few marks from the Aussie hardwood it's been used on, but I'll just have to get used to it getting worn in!

legin

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
Spalding
I ordered in November.
I'm luckier than you then. I ordered mine in December with a March 21st-ish due date. I just went for a plain oak handle. It was at school when I got there after the Easter break this morning. Students are back tomorrow. :pokenest:

Nigel.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
I'm luckier than you then. I ordered mine in December with a March 21st-ish due date. I just went for a plain oak handle. It was at school when I got there after the Easter break this morning. Students are back tomorrow. :pokenest:

Nigel.

You lucky b******!:D
I ordered a knife kit in December, but have to wait until May! :(
Can't wait.

gr. Jasper

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Thanks all. I don't see many pics of Woodlores or similar knives showing much sign of wear. Am I just careless with knives, or do they never actually see any use due to resale value?
Not being facetious!

And I love liners on a knife too :)

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Thanks Bob,
I think I'd feel better about scratching up my knife if I saw someone elses knife in poor condition. Ahem, JonathonD? One of your 48 Woodlores must see some use right? ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE