New Stuff

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well heres some new stuff I bought.

Leatherman Wave from Canada $99 + tax two strikers from Mike on here excellent work will be trying them tonight! (Very cheap Mike is the man you will have to ask him the price) Everdry Park Sherman matchcase off ebay in the states and picked up from my mate in Canada bout $13 US.
Love me gadgets me!
Got to find some long matches for the case now not sure how Good the gnarled stRiker is on the case but its pretty waterpRoof (no leaks after 10mins submerged )
Now got to find me flint to try those strikers!
Dave

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
David, the wave seems good although I have nothing to compare it with!!
My thoughts are when on my bike it solves some of the tools issues. I would say that the handle isn't very large which is ok for me as I have small hands and it makes it lighter.
I would see if you can get one out of a cabinet and try it out.
Dave
Ps Would look at the Us for them at the mo with the $ being as it is I saved £35 + in Canada and I was in a relatively expensive shop.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm, shinies :D Always fun.
Long cooks matches are available in the supermarkets, if you soak them in paraffin wax and saltpetre they're very, very good.
cheers,
Toddy....nice steels by the way, :cool: I use them quite often and find them quite reliable.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
It just goes to show that the best kit is not always the dearest.

I've got a similar matchcase by Marbles, and they are seriously waterproof.

And I've also got a a similar Mike Ameling firesteel which after much use is still casting showers of bright, hot sparks. There might be other steels as good, but I've not seen any that are better. Mike calls them his 'humble work' but the man is too modest.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is that a list of things for you " to do " under your new toys, my wife is great at leaving me jobs to do on the fridge door. I think mine is about 5 sides of A4 now.

Have you ....

Tidied upstairs ??

Chucked that box out ???

Nice matchcase by the way, have you seen them over here at all ?

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
He he, list of things to do!!!! Na it was a school list for herself I just used it as a background.
The trick with lists is to get a small blackboard with them on then you can rub them out when she is not looking!
Believe me my list is massive at the mo and I have closed the list for now...... a little effort and I should have rubbed quite a few off!
Dave
Ps I would recommend a Mike A firestriker to anyone they are brilliant I can light charcloth very quickly just need to sort out the natural tinders etcD

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Well heres some new stuff I bought.

Leatherman Wave from Canada $99 + tax two strikers from Mike on here excellent work will be trying them tonight! (Very cheap Mike is the man you will have to ask him the price) Everdry Park Sherman matchcase off ebay in the states and picked up from my mate in Canada bout $13 US.
Love me gadgets me!
Got to find some long matches for the case now not sure how Good the gnarled stRiker is on the case but its pretty waterpRoof (no leaks after 10mins submerged )
Now got to find me flint to try those strikers!
Dave

the K & M match case is bar none the best there is, even comes with a Silva compus on the lid, replacable gaskets ( a little graphite Lubricant will slow down the need for that ). Hate to do this to you man, but you guys have cost this Gear Junkie a $1000. or so with your opinions! LOL !!:lmao:

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Shewie I Have not seen tha matchcase over here but quite alot on ebay in the states.
Have a look most peeps will post to the uk will arrive in under a week and will cost you less.
THis case is good enough for me and I know it isn't the'best' of the bunch but as mentioned no water ingress in 10 mins being plunged into water which is good enough for me!
Hell I've got a firesteel and now a striker if that fails oh and a lighter/ meths.
Also yes I know Mike is a member on here thats how I heard about his superb stuff at rediculously cheap prices Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE