Sold Bergans of Norway, LANGEVANN HIP PACK SILENT 11L - New

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

minds_eye

Aug 30, 2011
South West UK
Bergan's hip bag in the green Loden silent fabric.

I can't find a product page for this on the Bergan's site, so summary of features:

- Waterbottle pocket on each side (these fit a Nalgene 1L Oasis Canteen water bottle very nicely)
- Compression straps on each side
- Aluminium stay (removable) that keeps the bag 'pulled in' to your lower back when worn and stops it flopping away from you
- Delta straps to pull the bag into your lumbar
- large removable pockets on hip belt (one each side, closing with zip) suitable for a smart phone, small camera, snack etc
- Attachment point on each side of hip belt for dog lead clip
- Large main compartment, lined with a drop liner that I believe is water resistant (according to the video)
- Large front zip pocket that's good for gloves, hat, flashlight etc
- Removable compression straps / lashing straps (with QR buckle) on base of bag, that'll take a blanket roll / sit mat, bulky jacket etc
- Lash points on lid (two on either side) to attach straps / bungee (which will accept the straps form the base) for carrying jacket, mat etc
- Top lid zip pocket (good size for usual pocket junk (knife, wallet, flashlight, keys etc)
- YKK Zippers
- Volume 11 litres
- Dimensions: 32 x 29 x 17 cm
- Weight: 840 g

A slightly idiosyncratic detail, the top pocket contains a removable (two QR clips) mesh backpack that extends from the pocket and fastens to the hip belt of the hip pack, forming a small ruck, that I believe is designed to carry game (birds etc).

Great video review that goes through it in good detail -

As a guide, this fits my lightweight down jacket, a lightweight goretex jacket, gloves, hat, neck gator, food for a walk, 2L of water (two of the Nalgene Oasis Canteens), as well as usual hiking gadgets (head torch, knife, GPS).

The bag is a really great size to tuck under the lid of a larger rucksack, with the hip belt folded in.

Pictures:
7ZFOftM.jpg

rfuqepw.jpg

Zg4w7pj.jpg

TlqJRxy.jpg

Condition:
The bag is new. I cut the tag off last week but it's included. I've loaded it up twice to test out how it fits various sets of gear but it hasn't been out the house.

Price:
Cost me £105 a few months ago. I can't actually find it for sale but I'm asking £85 inc postage to UK. Selling to fund something else, so no trades thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE