New Site Feedback And Issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Welcome back :)

They way the forum is set up just now I'm being asked to 'Log In' just to access the 'New Posts' option, hopefully that will change when things settle down.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Got an error about a re-direct loop when I initially loaded the forum tonight, but was OK on refreshing. Not sure if it's to do with ongoing work, but thought it worth flagging up.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll get on to them as we go. The colours will change etc.

Tony, will the 'New Posts' button only be available to members who have logged in from now on, or will the facility to search for 'New Posts' without logging in be reinstated when things settle down?

Thanks.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Don't know,i've not looked into it to see what can be changed, although i'm inclined to have people login before being able to use the search functions. To be honest i can't think why people could look up new posts when not logged in.

relfy

Nomad
Hello, love the new site :) didn't notice the colours.
I have got a strange thing going on with my inbox though. It's like it doesn't really want to give me my messages... It tells me they're there in the top right corner. Then when i click on that when igget to my inbox it tells me they're not there. I have to use the drop-down (inbox/sent mail) thingie to reload the page and then that usually works... Its kind of characterful...But not sure it how its meant to be?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The messages have all been grouped into that one area, so you click on it, get the drop down box and then select the message type you want to look at and then click on that, it's introduced an extra stage whihc although disconcerting you do get used to.

Hope that helps
T

relfy

Nomad
Thanks Tony, yes i understand that bit. What i mean is, my new messages are not showing up in my inbox until i reload the page. And the top link saying you have so many new private messages, changes its mind every time i change pages despite not having read the new ones yet. Its like it isn't quite certain, or doesn't really want me to know.
Could it possibly be to do with my browser? as I've been viewing th site on my mobile phone.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry, just seen this.

I don't think this is happening to anyone else so i would suspect it's to do with using your phone, have you tried from a PC?

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
I've had a quick search for this problem but cannot find the answer so wondered if anyone has got round it.

Basically I cannot access my gallery pictures via the 'gallery' link on the top bar. All I get is the error message;
Could not connect to PhotoPost databaseAccess denied for user 'bushcraft_food'@'localhost' to database 'bushcraft_gallery'

Can anyone help please?

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I'm not too sure about the 07 look! Aaargh, my eyes! The blue format is very nice though. I go on another forum or two on a mobile device and find the mobile formats are very helpful in getting pages to load quickly. Is there any chance of implementing a similar scheme here?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/index.php

1. Has two "Register" links. The first one is OK, the second one is dead.

2. Bug?
Strange. Twice this has happened and for the moment it's repeatable. In the forum index I accidentally clicked on my own name instead of the name of the thread. As it happened I had been the last poster in that thread. The profile that came up was for user "Scoman". Is there a reason that this might be supposed to happen, or is it a fault? When I click on e.g. 'Tony' I see the Tony public profile as I expect.
2a. However if I click on red_dreads who is the last poster ATM in the "out and about" forum 'stolen canoe' thread I see the profile for "Shogun". But a minute or two later the last poster in the "out and about" forum, but in the thread "Going Dutch". There might be a pattern emerging...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE