New Site Feedback And Issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm sure that wasn't there earlier when I looked...! Yet it's in exactly the same position
as on the old site, and I would use that facility most of the time. Either I'm a bit dozy
or they have hidden it from me until now ;) Deliberately hidden I tell you.

Well it's certainly taken the gleam off my "I can find anything, me" smugness :D

Is the Vildmark ever so slightly advanced?

DaveP

May 18, 2007
Haslemere
We're having trouble tracking the issues in this thread now - can you create a ne thread for new issues please? :)

Thanks
Dave

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
After some login and password problems last night it has allowed me in on the system generated password this morning but, on trying to change the password to one of my choice, the Edit Password option in Edit profiles just produces a blank screen even though the icon shows that the folder is open. I'll try again later.....

Just wondered whether anyone else is having this problem or whether it's just me...??

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Why can the word s o r r y not be used on here.....I have been trying to appologise to folk for the silly mood I have been in this evening and the word does not appear....???
I know s o r r y is supposed to be the hardest word, but this is rediculess...

It occurs to me that this may be a deliberate decision that 'The Management' have taken. From a philosophical viewpoint, and if I’m correct, I’d be very, very interested to know the underlying rationale as to why it would be undesirable to apologise in the simplest and most direct way…musings of a mad man…:D

Best Regards,
Paul.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Still can't write sorry S orry :-( apologies for that, we'll get it cracked i'm sure.

We're also still working on other issues so rest assured that we're not sitting back and ignoring things. There's been a lot of things fixed and these ongoing issues are complicated, or there's a few things that are taking up all the time and they'll get done soon.

When i've got time i'll get a list sorted so that it's more trackable. IN the mean time feel free to drop us an email if there's a problem that's causing you a lot of grief, please include info on your OS, a description of the issue, how you navigated to it, do you use internet explorer or Firefox, which version, etc etc

Thanks all
T

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
Hi Tony, I was starting to get BCUK withdrawl, terrible sight for the wife and kids. However I was just wondering if the new blue font will change colour in step with the seasons, or is it going to stay for keeps.?

Cheers, Rob.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I suspect colour and decoration is the last of your worries while you're still working on the roof.

Well done for all the hard work and I hope you get to kick back and have a rest soon.

Like most people I suppose, I liked the old colour scheme but at the end of the day we're just glad you're back.
8823.gif

R

rdevonshire

It will be back.

Focusing on functionality and stability before rolling out the original template/design/colours.

:)

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
Thanks for the reply, can I just add that I would like to echo Waylands comments, and clarify that my question was written merely out of curiosity and not meant in any kind of derogatory fashion. The work done on this website is greatly appreciated by the community as a whole, and I would hate to be thought of as an ungrateful nit-picker in light of the work that you guys have had to carry out on our behalf. :240:
Many thanks, Rob.

ps I too preferred the old colour... :D:BlueTeamE

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I'd reset my password shortly before the server went down. Since the site came back online I tried three times to reset it again so I could log in, each time it said an email had been sent but nothing arrived in my inbox or junk folders. To try and report it I signed up with another account but the verification email never arrived. Eventually I found the password for this account I'd been sent when I'd originally reset it (in my deleted messages) and was able to sign in. It's entirely possible that others are in a similar position and completely unable to report problems.
....Anyhoo.... hello! I hadn't intended my first post to be about a snag but I thought it was worth mentioning.

R

rdevonshire

I'd reset my password shortly before the server went down. Since the site came back online I tried three times to reset it again so I could log in, each time it said an email had been sent but nothing arrived in my inbox or junk folders. To try and report it I signed up with another account but the verification email never arrived. Eventually I found the password for this account I'd been sent when I'd originally reset it (in my deleted messages) and was able to sign in. It's entirely possible that others are in a similar position and completely unable to report problems.
....Anyhoo.... hello! I hadn't intended my first post to be about a snag but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Hello,

This should be resolved now.

Ryan

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
The site looks great and glad its back.

But i cant get the search option to work, its just goes to a page that says fatal error ( hope that does nt mean ive killed anyone lol)

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I just noticed on the main page where it shows the most recent post in a sub forum and time that a post was made it said Today: 19:35 at it's not even 7 o'clock yet :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I suspect colour and decoration is the last of your worries while you're still working on the roof.

Well done for all the hard work and I hope you get to kick back and have a rest soon.

Like most people I suppose, I liked the old colour scheme but at the end of the day we're just glad you're back.
8823.gif

The old colour scheme is still on the Full Member forum, looks a bit weird now :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE