New site - Bugs, Feedback & Questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There is a bridge between the front end articles and the forums, we've disabled this at the moment while we work on forum, but it will allow complete site interaction. Something for the near future :)

Janne, bumping something at gone 11pm because you're impatient, it's a bit irritating.

Thanks for the link and comments Nice65

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
When I click on the 'New Post' button it does not show my own threads, even if someone else has posted on it. Is this correct ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There sems to be no quotation marks in the toolbar above? Or have I missed them, or do you do it manually now?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have to say i much prefer the like button, as it just gives me the opportunity to say thanks, without having to type something in.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm trying to like it (sorry, no pun intended).
Son1 told me bluntly to accept change cheerfully, to approach it with an open mind, so I'm trying.
The biggest issue is that folks don't add to the conversations if they just use the Like button; I've already found that myself. Just click and move on instead of contributing a word or two.

We'll see.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The biggest issue is that folks don't add to the conversations if they just use the Like button; I've already found that myself. Just click and move on instead of contributing a word or two.

I don't like it at all and it's for that exact reason why I'm refusing to use the feature.

If I like something enough to hit a button I can make the effort to hit a few more keys and tell the person so

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yes.
I have to agree with you both, but the system is there, and I did promise I'd try.
So, we'll see, but it is too easy to click and move on.

M.....scattering likes across the forum :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dave

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mary, scattering likes, appreciation, thanks, quodos, is a good civilised thing to do, and makes people make as though they have made a worthwhile post.

How many posts have you put effort into and had little response? Me, a lot. Its just nice to feel a little appreciation. To know someone benefited. The alternative, nothing, is more anti social.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ah, I have changed to 'Default style' and that does not have a 'recent post' button that I can see.

Yeah I'm still trying to decide what to do with the default setting. The trouble is it's a different template which means changes like that won't transfer from UI.X across without quite a bit more work. I either have to go through and brand the default template then add changes such as Recent Posts or remove the default template option.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mary, scattering likes, appreciation, thanks, quodos, is a good thing.

Aye, maybe, but it doesn't add to the flow of conversation, and the forum thrives on that.
We need to sort of somehow get both means of communication balanced I think.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE