New site - Bugs, Feedback & Questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
New Posts page acts a little different on XF to what folk will be used to Tone, we added a Recent Posts page if you remember

I'm sure there's an add-on for it but I think we went this route

Linc

Nov 2, 2017
Maine
Hello Administrators team.
I like the new forum so much.
However, it is better if you redirect old URL of all posts to new corresponding URLs.
Best
_Linc

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I agree and I'm looking into options, the problem is with this number of posts and threads individual redirects aren't possible.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looking good so far Tony and Matt, thanks for all your hard work sorting it out :)

Something I've noticed that could do with tweaking are the light grey colour you're using for some of the tabs is a bit hard to see for folks with visual impairments especially as it's against a white background. It could do with being made a bit darker or have a darker background so they stand out more.

37569034294_f1eb885846_z.jpg

Also, and this is a small thing, you haven't got the post count names that we used to have under our forum names on the old site and with that missing that somewhat spoils some of the subtle comments full members had as well :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zornt

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Other question I've got is how do you report a post for Mods attention?

On the old site there was the dedicated button at the bottom of each post which took you to a report page when you clicked on it. I can't see any feature like that on the new site
dunno.gif

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I can see a report buttom at the bottom of each post, is that not showing on yours? I'll have a look into the colouring of the links.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I can see a report buttom at the bottom of each post, is that not showing on yours? I'll have a look into the colouring of the links.

Nope... I can't see one. All I can see is buttons for either like or reply, nothing that says report.

Here's a screenshot of what I can see

24409495298_9374b438bd_h.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It all seems ok so far, after a brief wander through the site this morning. I reckon it'll take a while to get familiar with the details and there's bound to be a few things that pop up but by and large all appears to be well.

I bet there's a few folk who'll be pleased to get a bit of kip and a few days off, a lot of graft gone into this :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like the new look :)
However, I cannot seem to locate the "Community Groups" - you know ...the bit that has pages from "Rough Close Meeters", "Clynfyw Meeters" where meet-ups etc are discussed.
It used to be you clicked on "Community" and it was in a drop down along with "members" and such...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am afraid not... the ones where you clicked on "Community" on the bar at the top of the page and a drop box appeared with boxes that included "Groups" and "Members" and other stuff...
I do not speak "tech talk" so cannot put it clearer I am afraid...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE