New site - Bugs, Feedback & Questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
No idea how you do it mate
bounce2.gif

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I didn't even think of the friends only thing. That issue, I think, is one we nipped off in the past incarnation of the forum. I hope so.
Personally I've been 'liking' posts that make me smile, make me think, showed something I approve of or admired, or gave me information.
I think that's how it's supposed to work. Yes/No ?

M

I think a rep button can do enormous damage as folk get pally and pat each other on the back.

The like button is a handy way to appreciate the content of a post without feeling the need to add anything. It also has a nice effect for the OP in that they can immediately see their post has been read and appreciated without unnecessary forum clutter. I'm not a fan of I Agree, +1, etc. As Lithril has suggested, they dilute content.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
In contrast, I actually think the limit of a minimum of ten characters for a reply on the old software wasn't great either. I wasn't keen on a like button but actually seeing it on other forums, it works fine. Sometimes there is no need to say anything to appreciate a post and just saying, 'I like that' or similar adds no more value to a conversation than a like button.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
You guys are mean! I may have to use the laptop as it's much harder on the iPad but then apple thinks it need s to control everyone :oops:

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Don't know if this has been covered.

I search for subject on www. If I find one that's from BCUK and historical it just takes you to the forum page and not the thread as before.

I don't like computers so please don't shout at me if this is a stupid question:)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
i never said it was impossible it is just easier. I do like the ability to right click and easily copy things. I'm sure you can do that on a mac but an iPad / iPhone is a different beast.

rotfl2.gif

Personally I'm not a fan of how apple force you to do everything their way and doesn't seem so easy to go alternative ways as with windows. But then that's just me so please don't start a os war on my account :eek:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
OK a few more smilies now, not as good as some of the animated ones we had before though. I'll keep looking.

They'll be a way of doing it. RealOutdoorsForums use ZenForo and have put in some of the traditionals.

I've just tried dumping a couple from Jonsemoticonstash in here, but they don't display. Possible because the forum requires a URL rather than IMG tags, though I'm not the best with code.

I'd suggest you task the whole operation to the increasingly smug Stew. ;)

Reactions: Stew

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Putting them in manually is easy but it has to be done one by one. I've been trying to find packages to upload in bulk. Added a few more any way :bag::devilish::panda::whistling:

Reactions: Toddy

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Steve if you fancy downloading and zipping them, email them over and I'll upload them, I'm pretty sure they're copyright free. If not I'll have a go later this week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE