New Sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well I got a little bored on Saturday so I decided to make a sheath for my laplander after seeing a few on here. Then after completeing that I got carried away and wanted a matching sheath for my mora. I would carry on but I dont have what I need for a belt at the moment.

So in this first image is my first proper attempt at a sheath on the right (the light coloured one), this was wetformed to the mora. The stitching on it wasnt the greatest and it was a pain in the **** to sew. This was done some months back.
On the left is the Laplander sheath, which was pretty easy to do, the one in the middle was my second attempt at a proper knife sheath which went much better. I even tried to drill the holes with a cordless drill but found it was just as effective as using an awl.

Sheaths-Empty.jpg

For the knife sheath I found it easier to do the holes on each piece seperately rather than glueing it all together then making the holes as I did on the light coloured one.

Sheaths-Front-Full.jpg

I still had a little bit of trouble with this knife sheath which was to do with getting all the edges to match (welt, front and back). Any Tips on this?

Sheaths-Front.jpg

I also added dangler loops onto the new ones, something which I completely forgot about one the light coloured one TWICE!. The first I glued it down and then realised I hadnt put the D ring on, and the second after sewing it back up :eek: Do I need professional help here, Im young and my brain is going. :lmao:

Sheaths-Back.jpg

Oh and it is still snowing up here, must be getting close to a foot in places. :rolleyes:

Snow.jpg

Anyways thought I would share. :)

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Nice work! I must make a sheath for my Laplander as well.

I tried drilling out the stitch holes one but I wasn't convinced - the drill actually removes material while the awl separates it and allows it to "heal" around the stitch later.

I thought the drill would make it easier, might be the case in a pillar drill but using a cordless I have was a bit of a pain. The awl does the job fine. Why complicate things :) although it does give the hands a bit of a break. :)

Nice work! I must make a sheath for my Laplander as well.

I tried drilling out the stitch holes one but I wasn't convinced - the drill actually removes material while the awl separates it and allows it to "heal" around the stitch later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE