New Sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Tony - I tried to subscribe as a maker but Im getting a broken link!!
Ill just post them here. Didnt sell them at the moot, which is a shame.
vikingsheath2.jpg
vikingsheathdetail.jpg
deersheath2.jpg
deersheath1.jpg

sheaths to fit Mora sized knife. Ill have to sort out becoming a maker so I can do it properly:D

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
They are really really impressive. I got very close to buying the one on the left about 3 times over the moot, and came even closer at the very end when John Fenna tried to get me to buy one, but I was a bit worried about messing it up with my aweful sewing. ordered myself a bernie garland woodcarver blade to handle though, so if someone doesn't buy it and it fits (I think it might be a bit big), I may give in.

Ben

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
crackin those Linz :) they will fit lots of knives around woodlore size a very universal sheath size

Yeah Thanks for getting the sheaths to me. The deer you did was pretty nifty, Im tempted to go buy some leather tooling gear.

Just spent the last 2 hours drawing tartan on your bloody dog blanket , sorry viking cloak. note to self * never never attempt to paint tartan....

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I was worried having to sew it at home might put people off, sadlt I couldnt guarantee my own sewing would be any better and I figured some people would know how to mold it to their knives better than I would
They are really really impressive. I got very close to buying the one on the left about 3 times over the moot, and came even closer at the very end when John Fenna tried to get me to buy one, but I was a bit worried about messing it up with my aweful sewing. ordered myself a bernie garland woodcarver blade to handle though, so if someone doesn't buy it and it fits (I think it might be a bit big), I may give in.

Ben

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
That is really nice work, the stag is stunning. A good book that explains the technique for sewing and wet moulding is available from Le Prevo, it's a doddle to do.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Very nice work, what's the saying again? A north bound view of a southern bound deer? Something like that...;) Just kiddin around, it's very nice!

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
Yeah Thanks for getting the sheaths to me. The deer you did was pretty nifty, Im tempted to go buy some leather tooling gear.

Just spent the last 2 hours drawing tartan on your bloody dog blanket , sorry viking cloak. note to self * never never attempt to paint tartan....

B and q are selling off tins of tartan paint cheap at the moment but only in royal stewart....

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
B and q are selling off tins of tartan paint cheap at the moment but only in royal stewart....

really? Ive been looking for some of that stuff! I need some polka dot paint to!

well both these sheaths are sold now, but watch this space I have a third blank ready and waiting....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE