New rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
I am currently looking for a new rucksack which will be light enough and comfortable enough to walk with an carry enough gear for a light over nighter... Anyone know of any good cheap ones and where they sell them? The cheaper the better really as I'm a beginner on a budget unfortunately...Any input wud be appreciated

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I've got an Alpkit waterproof rucksack that I'm using at the moment, 30 litre. Depending on how little kit you take it should do the job. I've been using it all week up and down mountains with it. Would be good for a bivi and tarp, not tried it with my tent yet. But it's light weight a comfy, but only one compartment. Going to give it a go for my next walking overnighter.

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
This is my choice for this year. Comfy as hell whether it's loaded heavy or light. It's not modern probably not sexy ( i think it is ) but it fits what you are after. Lastly recommended here
http://frontierbushcraft.com/2012/07/06/bushcraft-on-a-budget-kit/

I've got one of these and the smaller day pack also.Both are brilliant and very comfortable. I took the larger one up Scarfell Pike in November didn't even know it was there. I also waxed mine for extra protection and durability, i honestly think that for the money you cannot buy anything more practical or hardwearing than these

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
Bugout 3 Day Pass much cheaper than a Blackhawk version!

I checked fleabay and there is one listed or others come up if googled.

Great rucksack and I have one myself.

V

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
+1 to Eragon21 post............I've had a highlander pro-force 33litre cheapo for over 2 years, I've asked more of it than it was ever intended for and it's never let me down............still looks as if it'll go on and on. Not the pack of dreams but plenty good enough for 1 or 2 days out.....I regularly carry over 30 lbs and more and it copes well................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE