New Ray Mears Tv Sserris

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
My Missus has just told me she saw a tv ad for a new Ray Mears Tv serris about british wildlife that is supposed to be coming soon.

Does anybody else on here know anything about this? as I cant seem to get any more info out of her

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The first episode of the series, Uncle Ray explores the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, using his tracking skills and expert wildlife and plant knowledge to reveal its secrets to viewers; from the rare sight of wild boars and their piglets foraging, to finding the wild-growing edible ingredients for a uniquely British salad.

Situated between the Severn estuary and the gorges of the river Wye, it’s one of Britain’s few remaining ancient forests and covers 27,000 acres. The diversity of trees and plants in an ancient forest is not only beautiful but also provides food for a variety of animals.

Ray visits in the spring when the forest is bursting with life and carpeted with radiant bluebells. He is hoping to see creatures that, until recently, were extinct in this area – the elusive goshawk, the magnificent wild boar and the hazel dormouse.

He reveals that deer are actually the reason why the forest exists today; in the 11th century, the area was protected as a royal hunting reserve where kings could hunt wild boar, red deer, roe deer and fallow deer.

Recently, the loss of habitat caused by the construction of new roads and poor woodland management means that the common dormouse is not so common anymore. Ray meets female wildlife ranger Elizabeth ‘Sid’ Davis, who shows him the nest boxes which have been set up to help the mice hibernate. He is delighted to discover that the boxes are working well and that the dormice are now thriving in the area.

The rich habitat of the forest is home to a variety of birds, mammals, insects and plants. But recently, one important forest inhabitant has been missing; the wild boar was a favourite quarry for the Royal hunt and 300 years ago, the last boar was hunted out. They have recently been reintroduced to the forest and Ray is delighted to see some boar and their piglets feeding in the forest.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The first episode of the series, Uncle Ray explores the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, using his tracking skills and expert wildlife and plant knowledge to reveal its secrets to viewers; from the rare sight of wild boars and their piglets foraging, to finding the wild-growing edible ingredients for a uniquely British salad.

Situated between the Severn estuary and the gorges of the river Wye, it’s one of Britain’s few remaining ancient forests and covers 27,000 acres. The diversity of trees and plants in an ancient forest is not only beautiful but also provides food for a variety of animals.

Ray visits in the spring when the forest is bursting with life and carpeted with radiant bluebells. He is hoping to see creatures that, until recently, were extinct in this area – the elusive goshawk, the magnificent wild boar and the hazel dormouse.

He reveals that deer are actually the reason why the forest exists today; in the 11th century, the area was protected as a royal hunting reserve where kings could hunt wild boar, red deer, roe deer and fallow deer.

Recently, the loss of habitat caused by the construction of new roads and poor woodland management means that the common dormouse is not so common anymore. Ray meets female wildlife ranger Elizabeth ‘Sid’ Davis, who shows him the nest boxes which have been set up to help the mice hibernate. He is delighted to discover that the boxes are working well and that the dormice are now thriving in the area.

The rich habitat of the forest is home to a variety of birds, mammals, insects and plants. But recently, one important forest inhabitant has been missing; the wild boar was a favourite quarry for the Royal hunt and 300 years ago, the last boar was hunted out. They have recently been reintroduced to the forest and Ray is delighted to see some boar and their piglets feeding in the forest.

Thanks for all that, no need to watch it now is there:lmao:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains

How do you know this stuff mate:)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
For a lark I think we should have a guess on how many times he says 'fantastic'.

I reckon on six, which gives a rate of 0.2 Fpm (Fantastics per minute).

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I think he has moved on to 'brilliant' now and that we'll get three of them.

BRILLIANT
brilliant2.jpg

I'll go for six 'brilliants' then. :)

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
And how can people from other countries see the man? Is there anyplace online that is going to be releasing the episodes??

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
The last series I saw with Ray was the northern wilderness and australia. I suppose there are more stuff now, as I've seen trailers from "Survival with RM" and "trips money can't buy" and now this. Is there anything else in his recent shows that i missed???
I need to find a way to see all this. I love this guy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE