New Petzl e+lite headlamp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Just in time for Xmas ;) I saw this a while ago in France and see they are due out anytime now;

Petzl - e+lite Emergency Headlamp

Although it says emergency they look perfect as a ultra light solution with some interesting features.

I like the fact they use cheaper Lithium CR2032 batteries for a start, weigh only 27 g including batteries! Waterproof down to -1 m and have a red led built in. All with a 10 year guarantee.

For around £25 I reckon they will sell really well. Look forward to seeing some reviews around and just how good the build quality is.

Perfect for a Group Buy (hint John with Petzl discount source :) )

EDIT: I found a review at Outdoorsmagic.co.uk here;

Petzl e+LITE Tested

and here;

PETZL E+lite

Looking good :)

I see a site quoting a price of £22.99 and apparent availability late november.

Petzl E+Lite E02P RELEASED IN LATE NOVEMBER

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
MagiKelly said:
I already had prices for them and in fact Graham_S asked me to order one for him, however, when I placed the order I was told they were not now expected till nearer Christmas
I should have guessed ;) Will look out for any shipping info. In France they are currently indicating 15 days but that is only approximate.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
wow, looks like a great light!

I was planning to order the Tica XP (tactical) after reading Graham's article in the Bushcraft magazine, with my introduction to the armed forces... But this option, a lighter, less bulky light, which can be worn 25/8 around the helmet so competing with my origional plan.

Looks brilliant, thanks again.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I love the Tica XP (tactical) it's robust. the band that goes around your had is solid too. the band on the e+lite seems kind of flimsy. great that they have a red light filter though. I use it very often. almost more as my regular light mode.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
indeed... even as a civvy I prefer to use a mag solitaire with a red light (and pin pric through black tape) to read the map during the evening hours of hiking... Actually I wonder why not more people use it, even though there is a small reduction of brightness, you dont lose that hard earned night vision!

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
excactly! I hate it when I'm out in the woods and a mate needs to look at for example the food that's cooking in the dark, and immediately takes out his 3 kilo watt torch to blind me, the wildlife and the ranger who's 3 miles down.
a simple red filter cleares you of all those problems :D

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Ryan Woods said:
wow, looks like a great light!

I was planning to order the Tica XP (tactical) after reading Graham's article in the Bushcraft magazine, with my introduction to the armed forces... But this option, a lighter, less bulky light, which can be worn 25/8 around the helmet so competing with my origional plan.

Looks brilliant, thanks again.
Well the Petzl Tikka XP and Myo XP are seriously good headlamps too ;) They all have their place and as a backup the new e+lite in it's case would be perfect to either one of those. Also it is limited in terms of throw so will not compete with one of it's bigger siblings on that score, or longevity of battery life. But it does offer a lot with the same high quality product design and build.

I'm still saving for a Myo XP too ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE