New meth stove with some control.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Simple meth stove usually run out of fuel too early or contains too much fuel which will be wasted.

I made a small addition to solve that problem.

20140823_162406_zpsae5bc95e.jpg

20140823_163623_zpsb9789926.jpg

Works fine but the tube gets a bit hot.

singteck

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Thats genius - nice to see you back on the forum :)

You keeping well mate?

Thank you BR! I am very well.

I am always around.... just not posting much.

Nice one. Silicon tubing would be good as it's heat resistant. How about a gravity feed?

Gravity feed will not work because of the gas pressure in the chamber. Will be working on a pump and valve system soon.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
So far I have ran it for 20 minutes.... ran out of time and not fuel.

Tried using petrol in it as well..... too much smoke and probably too much toxic! But just want to know......

20140829_143824_zpse0d214e8.jpg

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Petrol? You're a mad man.

Good idea (not the petrol, too reactive imho) a bit like the gas burner for the trangia.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Very clever your defo onto something their .if I can be dumb enough too ask what stop the flame creeping up the tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

londonscrub

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2014
London
Very clever your defo onto something their .if I can be dumb enough too ask what stop the flame creeping up the tube

I think basically there is not enough oxygen in the chamber: fuel + heat + oxygen = fire. In the chamber liquid meths is getting heated and turning into nice hot and very combustible vapour, when it escapes it hits the air and burns nice and clean. That vapour inside is squeezing out any air, denying itself the chance to combust before it escapes!

I think that's right and I think that's why if you look at a primus/msr stove the fuel pipe runs close to the burner to pre-heat the fuel. Also why your gas hob only burns in the same manner.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

Oxygen in a fuel vapour oxidise mix. Why will wood not spontaneously combust because you have to heat it to a point of combustability with an oxidiser present ( smoke n air). You only burn the vapour.

Also the only petrol that works in trangia is acetone, very hot, do not put it in your multifuel,

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
A continuation of the idea. What do you think?

image.jpg1_zps4ydq5tp1.jpg

You can continue cooking non stop as long as you top up the fuel.

Here is a video I uploaded to youtube to show how it works.

[video]https://youtu.be/xSHFWECRSeI[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE