• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Evening all,

Just joined so wanted to say hello to everyone. I live in Mid Wales and am very keen on camping, hiking and photography. Just recently purchased a tarp which Iam hoping will eventually replace my rather heavy tent once I get used to setting it up.

Looking forward to learning some new skills from you all

Best Wishes

DW
32fb576b8ba0fc8902b45e7e9279135d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Welcome aboard. You’ll love the tarp, it’s a setup that makes you feel more a part of the environment. Waking up to an unblocked view of your surroundings is far better.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Welcome aboard. You’ll love the tarp, it’s a setup that makes you feel more a part of the environment. Waking up to an unblocked view of your surroundings is far better.
Hi Jonathan and thanks for the welcome,

I've camped in tents for ohhh best part of 35 years so it's going to be strange to not be so enclosed but I am looking forward to feeling a better connection to nature.

Now if I could just get some dry weather to try out some shelter building with it LOL

All the best

DW

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Welcome from a fellow mid-Walyian!

I think waking under a tarp on a crisp frosty clear sunny morning is the ultimate camping experience :) - I hope you get chance to enjoy it soon (the tarp, not the frost :))

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Hi guys and thanks for the warm welcome

After many years of conventional camping I am very much looking forward to tarping.

Best wishes

DW

Last edited:

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Evening all,

Just joined so wanted to say hello to everyone. I live in Mid Wales and am very keen on camping, hiking and photography. Just recently purchased a tarp which Iam hoping will eventually replace my rather heavy tent once I get used to setting it up.

Looking forward to learning some new skills from you all

Best Wishes

DW
32fb576b8ba0fc8902b45e7e9279135d.jpg

Hi and welcome from South Ceredigion!

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Morning all and thank you for such a warm welcome!!

I would not be at all surprised if a hammock was one of the next things I get but SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) would probably murder me as it seems every hobby I have ends up costing endless money LOL!!

Cheers!

DW

Reactions: Onelifeoverland

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Morning all and thank you for such a warm welcome!!

I would not be at all surprised if a hammock was one of the next things I get but SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) would probably murder me as it seems every hobby I have ends up costing endless money LOL!!

Cheers!

DW
Get her a cushy hammock and set it up somewhere nice in good weather. And supply a beverage of choice in liberal amounts.

Reactions: Onelifeoverland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE