New member from Lincs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shootfive

May 25, 2011
Grantham, Lincolnshire
Good afternoon all,

I'm a new member and also newbie to the 'buchcraft' scene. I've been reading, reading, reading picking up information. I have some kit already (I hunt with an air rifle which has led me to have oddments of DPM, surplus rucksack, Opinel, etc).

I'm looking to pick up advice and maybe a few bits of secondhand kit here and there and get out for a few nights. Maybe even take the missus when she comes around to the idea.

So hi all,
Thanks for the info gleaned so far, and I look forward to joining in.

Jamie

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
alright jamie, welcome to the forum. i'm just down the road from you in sleaford, theres a few more from round our way knocking about as well :)

shootfive

May 25, 2011
Grantham, Lincolnshire
Got so many questions to ask but I'll save them for the relevant forums (after I give the Search button some hammer).

The main one though, could anyone point me in the direction of the ins and outs of where you can/can't go for a night or two?

Do you guys all use sites set up for the purpose with suitable woodland? Presumably not, as some of you seem far moer 'outdoors' than a commercial site.

I only ask as I have had to learn prior to getting out with the air rifle that ALL land belongs to someone and you need to be careful when bimbling about with a rifle. Do you have to get equally careful when hoping to get out for a night or two, and seek permission from the landowner, or are there 'accepted' areas of the country for campers/hikers/bushcrafters?

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Hi Jamie and welcome aboard. Scotland is the place to be, camp more or less where you want. Different in England as 'officially' you need permission from the land owner, although there are exceptions where it is more tolerated than others. Someone will be along soon with more info i'm sure.

Dave

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
there's nowhere locally where you can just go and officially camp. it is generally a case of seeking permission from land owners, as with hunting. parts of dartmoor and i think the lakes allow camping with certain restrictions. to be honest, have a look on google earth, there are literally hundreds of acres of forestry commission and woodland trust woodland in lincs. start exploring and you soon find opportunities, or they find you.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Welcome Jamie!

... give the Search button some hammer ...

Good plan. :)

The main one though, could anyone point me in the direction of the ins and outs of where you can/can't go for a night or two?

Given what you've told us I'd guess that you're probably at least as well aware as anyone here of the issues. It's well covered in other forum threads.

Hit that search button. :)

BonnieWolf

Aug 22, 2006
Hampshire, uk
webface.genericlan.net
Welcome!

I hope you do manage to get your missus out with you! she doesn't know what she is missing! There are plenty for 'feminane' stuff she can get up to while your doing your 'guy bit' Such as painting, crafts, photography, plant and fruit gathering etc etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE