New magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Got the new BCUK magazine today and it looks fantastic. :headbang:
And it's even thicker Articles include how to make a arrow head from slate, interview with Alan Wood and more on wilderness food and eating.

Can't wait to read it all.
:Wow:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
AAArrrgggghhh,
Mine arrived at home today too

Whats wrong with that I hear you ask?...........

I won't catch up with it till wednesday evening at the earliest!

:( :( :rant: :banghead:

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
It's an absolute gem.
Alan Wood interview is great and I'm just about to start work on my first waxed leather water bottle.
Inspirational stuff all right.
Keep up the good work guy's.
rb

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
been meaning to get around to subbing to the mag for weeks now.

One Question to the BCUK crew, will I be able to get Issue 1 as a back issue if I subscribe now?

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Great mag, read it in the pub last night, ignoring everyone, sorry. I've only one negative comment. "The Reality of Food in the Bush (Part 2)", it was a bit too scientific for my taste. Just my opinion.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
got mine yesterday, its 16 pages longer then the last one :eek: hopefully the magazine will gradually increase in size, it told us to expect a surprise for the next one :D
Alex

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Wallop! In the post today, good effort seeings how it is BFPO in Germany with the world cup on to slow things down!! Had a quick flick earlier, and I've just got back from Hamburg Flughafen so I'll have a good read after I've scanned the forums. Can't wait for the next issue!

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Yup, got mine today, too.

Only had a very quick butchers so far, but I,m enchanted by the Art of Nothing.

I feel I,m halfway, already, and, coming as I do, from a long line of idle bu88ers, I wonder if I can spin the fundamentals in such a way as to avoid decorating, this summer?

Well done!

Ceeg

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Got mine yesterday ...... well, I say I got it

The wife picked it up and started reading it :eek:

Looks like I won't be getting a chance to rescue it until the weekend :aargh4:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
I got mine today as well and having read a few pages all i can say is that its looking rather good.

The tutorial from Patrick could'nt come at a more perferct time as i'm in the process making my own arrows,after completing my bow using Bardsters tutorial from the first mag. Thanks to them both for great articles.

The mag seems to be going from strength to strength,well done Tony and team.

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Got mine today, had a quick look and was well impressed.

I wonder who's going to post the first picture of there "try stick" :eek:

Cheers P@ul

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I recieved mine this morning and read it cover to cover already. I will have to have a bash at the leather bottle and the try stick. How do you go about carving the whistle part, as it looks lik you have to carve two parts to it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE