New magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Got mine today as well. I have to say much as I liked the first issue this seems to have improved by a huge amount. If the magazine continues to progress like this it will be compulsory reading.

I , of course, was particularly take with some of the adverts on page 46 :cool:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
P7perfect said:
Cracking mag, well done Tony. Leaves the competition standing. Roll on issue three :You_Rock_

Couldnt agree more. It's packed with content of the highest quality, I particularly liked Bards article. I was dubious about the A5 formfactor at first, but now I think it's superb. Both the paper and printing quality seem to have gone up a notch and are spot on. If the mag carries on like this it'll be miles ahead of the competition. Well done Tony and co.

Bosun

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 30, 2003
Gloucester, UK
:) Subscribed and received Part I a couple of weeks ago. Part II arrived this week.

Like all of it and find even the things I'll probably never attempt v interesting. Layout, photos, etc all improved since Part I.

Little items like "how to tie a knot" are especially useful to me as, although I've been shown them, if you don't practise them it's easy to forget! Old age is a terrible thing. I can also pass them on to the Scouts.

Well done! I'm looking forward to the surprise in Part III.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Love the magazine!

Love food in the bush part two, the anatomy and morphology well to my liking
Love the interview with Alan Wood and cant wait till the next issue when he will reveal all about the woodlore knife
Love how the article about a sleeping bag is made interesting by Tony, well done!! However one might say it was about the Nanok!
Not to forget the art of nothing and secrets about photography, already been trying the trics!

havent read the other articles yet!

However I regret to say how I found the article by Mr Montgomery poor (or was that the author of the book/did he review his own book?wasnt clear!). I will reason my opinion:

1. too many vaque words:-
"...can be slightly unclear"

"...contains loads of ideas..."

I would like to see a more factual approach e.g. stating how many topics the book covers. Approach the subject with determination, it feels like he tickles the good and bad points. More than once in both articles David argues with his own arguments:
"... although that can be seen as a good point again."

2. I felt the same review was printed twice as the same structure was followed:-
"...keeps the book interesting and enjoyable to read."

"make it enjoyable to read, too."

"Some of the projects arent really relevant to bushcraft..."

"Some of the projects arent practical or relevant to bushcraft..."

Appearing as if the analysis was copy and pasted with the examples edited.

With the second book we are presented with the ISBN, not so for Mountainman. Are they the same or does it not exist? this is unclear, for me at least.

Next time I would like to see more variety in structure and sentence build up. Also bring a clear point of view across because right now it apprears that David tries to please the author and the critic of the book.
I would recommend this site: http://thesaurus.reference.com/, which I use often myself.

Hope my post has helped,
Ryan

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Still haven't got mine...........Tony, you haven't forgotten that The Joker and myself paid you at the full members meet at chedworth roman villa ???..........Jon

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
havingagiraffe said:

im sorry, tried to type it in the best way possible not to mean offensive. Ive still got problems with english myself so I use the site often. I dont want to come across as the big guy... merely provide constructive critism. Thats why I included the tips and showed why I thought it was written poorly, please dont take it offensively as I fully realise what such a post means to the writer. Just say you dont agree with me... we're all different people.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Ryan Woods said:
im sorry, tried to type it in the best way possible not to mean offensive. Ive still got problems with english myself so I use the site often. I dont want to come across as the big guy... merely provide constructive critism. Thats why I included the tips and showed why I thought it was written poorly, please dont take it offensively as I fully realise what such a post means to the writer. Just say you dont agree with me... we're all different people.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE