new lofty dvd - anyone seen it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Stu, what a blatant disregard for distance selling law! They shouldn't have taken your money until they posted it.

Why don't you phone them and ask them why they haven't posted it earlier if they have your money.

Hope they aren't dodgy!

Calm down Marshallp........... nobody has been ripped off. It was quite clearly stated that it was a pre-order at a special discounted price and the shipping date was quite clearly stated as the 6th November..................................oh and welcome to the forum :)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Calm down Marshallp........... nobody has been ripped off. It was quite clearly stated that it was a pre-order at a special discounted price and the shipping date was quite clearly stated as the 6th November..................................oh and welcome to the forum :)

Yeaah, what he said!!

Welcome, and thanx for scaring the bejesus out of me!!

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Good news - The postlady knocked at the door today and handed me a CD box sized jiffy bag!! :D :D

Bad news - I had to sign for it. Not a problem for me as I'm off sick this week, but if you are at work then you will be having to wait until tomorrow until you get your fingers on it (assuming that it is returned to your local post office and you have the urge to dash off at 0800hrs to collect it!).

Oh yeah, as it's a birthday present to myself I don't want to see any reviews on it until early December thanks!

Chris

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Oh yeah, as it's a birthday present to myself I don't want to see any reviews on it until early December thanks!

Chris

I think you`d better find another forum for the next month or so, I reckon this DVD will be pretty popular.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well this is an honour,the first to comment.I have just watched it and all the Extra's,and yeah it's alright,I honestly think because of who it is,and the clips I've seen on youtube,I was expecting it to be Amazing,It's good and I'm glad I have it.
you'll all have to make your own minds up after watching it.
I await your thought's looking on in interest

Oggie

Dec 30, 2006
Melton Mowbray
I enjoyed it too..I have been on a Trueways Course and this DVD revisits that.
It covers the basic Survival techniques in the order that they should be done. Its all revision for me, but there is nothing wrong with that.I have a Son in Law and other family members that will find it very interesting.
A big well done to all at Trueways.
Oggie.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Well I've watched it and was very impressed with it. They've done a grand job I reckon, it's easy to understand with great camera work good simple techniques done in a straight forward and simple manner. It's good quality footage with no dodgy or shaky shots in a style which makes you feel you are actually there taking part with the students. All the basic survival skills are covered, even the very basic 5 plant group id and uses. I give 10 out of 10 for the Trueways team and Lofty Wiseman for this and I would recommend this DVD to new comers and old hands alike, a good item for the DVD collection.
Apologies if I'm out of line with the naming of another site but it's the group who have this DVD for sale, so if it's unacceptable Mods please feel free to delete or change.

M

Marshallp

Sorry about the earlier rant, just very frustrated with the issuers. Apologies Stu.

I've now got my copy and have given it a quick viewing. I'll not review it as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else. I felt it was putting Lofty's book into pictures. Ideal for anyone starting out, but I do feel a bit dissappointed. Ebay may have a few takers soon so if you want to save a few bob........

Happy viewing everyone.

Take it easy Lofty.

Nov 10, 2008
Manchester
Sorry about the earlier rant, just very frustrated with the issuers. Apologies Stu.

I've now got my copy and have given it a quick viewing. I'll not review it as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else. I felt it was putting Lofty's book into pictures. Ideal for anyone starting out, but I do feel a bit dissappointed. Ebay may have a few takers soon so if you want to save a few bob........

Happy viewing everyone.

Take it easy Lofty.

Hi Marshallp

I'll not review it as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else

I do feel a bit dissappointed
???

Strange with only 2 posts on this forum that you don't review the DVD and in fact don't say anything at all about it but try and give a negative impression of it to all here. This is my first post on this forum after reading for some time, but I notice you have only made 2 posts and these are on this issue so I felt compelled to respond. I have nothing to do with Trueways but I am a fan of theirs and Lofty's work so thought I'd point that out.

I came looking here as I'm considering buying the DVD and wanted to know what people thought of it. One reader gives 10 out of 10 which is enough for me to buy it as they are a regular poster here.

Have you really seen this DVD or are you just someone with an axe to grind? And if it is Lofty's book in video like you say, that too is a good thing for me as my kids would find that much easier to get though.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
To be quite honest people, I dont actualy rate it at all. I was hoping for loads more skills than the absolute begginners stuff (and not a great deal of this either). People should also be aware that this is a SURVIVAL dvd and not "bushcraft" (this should actualy be obvious). The book covers way more. I am confused as to why it took so long to release though.

If I only had the choice of the dvd or book, then there would be no competition (book).

Im probably going to get slated now, but that is just my opinion.

Stu.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Hi Marshallp

???

Strange with only 2 posts on this forum that you don't review the DVD and in fact don't say anything at all about it but try and give a negative impression of it to all here. This is my first post on this forum after reading for some time, but I notice you have only made 2 posts and these are on this issue so I felt compelled to respond. I have nothing to do with Trueways but I am a fan of theirs and Lofty's work so thought I'd point that out.

I came looking here as I'm considering buying the DVD and wanted to know what people thought of it. One reader gives 10 out of 10 which is enough for me to buy it as they are a regular poster here.

Have you really seen this DVD or are you just someone with an axe to grind? And if it is Lofty's book in video like you say, that too is a good thing for me as my kids would find that much easier to get though.

Not a good idea to come on the forum and with your VERY FIRST POST start to slag someone off. The poster is entitled to an opinion.

Nov 10, 2008
Manchester
Not a good idea to come on the forum and with your VERY FIRST POST start to slag someone off.

Errr - Yes. That was sort of the point I was trying to make. Especially without some sort of explanation. (and thanks for the CAPS and making me feel so welcome)

I see from your last post that you don't rate the DVD as it doesn't cover as much as the book. I would expect this as it's the same with all things that go to screen from book. The fact that sometimes I find things in the written word hard to visualise is why I'm interested in it. However I'm a bit surprised you say "not a great deal of this either" (skills I assume?). I thought it was over 2 hours long - what the heck is in it then?

I guess I'll just have to do what I always do in these situations and buy it and see for myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE