New lightweight stove concept

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I can't work out if this is serious or not ...

[video=youtube;G1ovxU0iQG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ovxU0iQG0[/video]

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Mmmmmmm if its for real good luck to them ,,but boy they could do with a better front man for there vid ,,,cheesey or what

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i like the idea :) dead simple to make if you have a chain saw, instead of the bored hole for ventilation, just go in with the chain saw on 2 sides.

mholland

Jan 3, 2013
cheltenham
I kind of quite like the idea of it, ie cooking over a log rather than coals, but i'd stick to making my own swedish fire torch!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Got a mate who made something quite like it apart he used the chainsaw nose to bore cut all of the holes instead of a drill for the side hole like that chap.

He's very experienced with a chainsaw and is no stranger to bore cutting with it so I wouldn't recommend a novice try it.

Its just the same as a Swedish candle as far as I see it.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Only one way to find out, I'll get the big wood auger bits out and make one. Looks a far more controlled burn than a classic Swedish candle, although blocking most of the side slits up with something, leaving just some air to flow in from the base should produce a similar burn.

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
I've done the same thing using a half inch bit

I have been running a sawdust stove (the dogs) at home over christmas, light and forget and very economical, so I tried it with a cut log and it works well

the horizontal/vertical turns it into a rocket stove and burns well, same sort of idea as the swedish fire log stump doings

:)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
got one already :)

31lgk9tyDUL.jpg

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
This type of impromptu stove has been around for years. The grill is the only modern addition.
Using dead standing trees is a simple way of doing it with the added benefit that they don't wobble over. Just cut off a thick stump/branch horizontally, make criss-cross slits down it and open out the core as best you can, feed in some birch bark (or other kindling) through the slits, light and pop your billy on top. The fire burns from the inside out so the pot support remains around the edges until long after the inner has burnt out to it.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Taking to concept of burning wood and selling it. Mmmm wonder if they come in different sizes?
pocket sized through to Giant Redwood for a camp stove.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE