New life for my old Opinel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Gorgeous! A Dremel eh? Now that shows a very steady hand! Very professional looking job that.

So how bad was the stink of antler on the belt sander?

I like my moded Opinel too, it's my EDC. Just wished I'd seen this before I did my own modificactions. Oh well maybe next time. Know what you mean about this forum inspiring people to have a go at things normally outside of their comfort zones. It's not always smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
The antler smells like..........well it smells like teeth grinding at the dentist office. I always wear a dust mask but it still stinks!! I may be doing another opinel for myself this weekend and will post pics asap.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The antler smells like..........well it smells like teeth grinding at the dentist office. I always wear a dust mask but it still stinks!! I may be doing another opinel for myself this weekend and will post pics asap.

Any chance of doing a series of pics to make it a tutorial.

I'd especially like to see how you took the original opinel apart and put it back together in the antler.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Any chance of doing a series of pics to make it a tutorial.

I'd especially like to see how you took the original opinel apart and put it back together in the antler.

I will try to do a tutorial......will be my first!! I am going to try to find some time tomorrow and will snap a few pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE