New knife needed!

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Looking at getting a new knife. Ive got about £110 to spend. Was after a good quality knife for general bushcraft/camping uses, I prefer stainless steel as have had problems with carbon steel blades going rusty no matter what I do with them and would prefer a low maintenance blade. Would like a handmade knife but think they are out of my price range but if anyone can point me to someone who will make one for my budget that would be great, otherwise I was looking at a Fällkniven F1 survival knife:

http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Fallkniven-Knives/Fällkniven-Knives-F1-Survival-Knife/p-92-139-963/

As usual any advice or opinions gratefully received. :confused:

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
get a kit and do it yourself if i can anyone can :) EnZo kits are great :) but theres lots out there

I did think about it. How easy are they to do? My biggest problem is I'm lazy and not that good with practical things, so was looking to just buy a knife and be done with it.

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
Drop siberianfury a pm, see if he's got any of his Stainless enzo Trappers finished. I prefer D2 or O1, but ask him and he'll sort you out. He really knows his stuff for such a young lad, and he's well inside your budget.

All the best,

Josh H

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Got to agree with Sparrowhawk

Got to agree with this, i have just received a Leuku from Josh and its an awsome tool. Very usable as a chopping slashing knife and also if you need you can do sone really delicate work.

I know he has done a couple of Enzo trappers and at the moment im sure hes using one himself. The trapper has a good following and the kits are really easy to assemble, they must be as i did one.
Mine is the one on the left, the other is a WS woodlore.
IMG-20110415-00032.jpg

Josh H[/QUOTE]

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Trapper kits are real easy if you get the pre milled one all you need to do is glue it up and sand down the scales to size polish it and you have a good blade and they would leave you with spare cash for other things fire steels etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE