New Job

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Just sharing really - Just come off the phone and have been offered a new Project Engineer role.

Happy days !!

Off to find some beers!!
Congratulations. I too am curious what field your new project will be in.

Were you cheerfully employed already, or were you between jobs for a while?

I was laid off in July 2020 and have just today had a call offering me a job doing very much the same sort of work in a similar company just eight miles down the road. I now have very little time to make a big push to finish projects that I haven't cleared in the last 10 months!
 
Congratulations. I too am curious what field your new project will be in.

Were you cheerfully employed already, or were you between jobs for a while?

I was laid off in July 2020 and have just today had a call offering me a job doing very much the same sort of work in a similar company just eight miles down the road. I now have very little time to make a big push to finish projects that I haven't cleared in the last 10 months!

New field is unrelated to my last but hopefully skillset will be mainly transferable.
My company ( Aviation Engineering ) went bust at start of Covid - not that it was the main reason why but more the final nail in the coffin after years of highly paid qualified managers.

Hope your new role works well for you.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE