NEW...improved Nessmuk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'm lucky enough to own one of Joel's Nessmuks - the 3mm, scandi grind, curved edge makes for a perfect hunter/ woodsman's knife IMO.

It sharpens beautifully, is unsurpassed at skinning, every point on the edge is a sweet spot and Joel's design has an elegance that other Nessies lack.

Joel's been working hard on a Nessie/ Chopper combo for me (along the lines of a leuku/ pukko combo but with British woodland and game in mind). The project is nearly complete - thread and pics to follow.

Fin

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well now - the knife has changed hands - and gained some friends in its new home :)

Thanks Joel!

Here's my homage to Nessmuk (with a "thanks" to Hoodoo who started me on this journey with his avatar a few years back)

3613123907_72675ef55b_o.jpg

3613943812_9aee2b2f7a_o.jpg

Red

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Now, come on children, stop bickering...:D

Only just saw this. I must say they all look good together, don't they. That axe is a beauty. I guess that's as close to Nessmuk's set as we'll ever get to see. Glad you like the knife, Red.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well now - the knife has changed hands - and gained some friends in its new home :)

Thanks Joel!

Here's my homage to Nessmuk (with a "thanks" to Hoodoo who started me on this journey with his avatar a few years back)

3613123907_72675ef55b_o.jpg

3613943812_9aee2b2f7a_o.jpg

Red

Now that kit is a bit special. Love it Red, I can almost smell the history.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That one is a custom one made by Lee Reeves In the US. Its a truly startling piece of work and it caused me to fall in love with his work.

There is just over a years waiting list for his work now sadly

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I love the axe mask..very,very nice.

Aah - that'll be Singteck's work (a member here)

I wish he still lived nearby :(

Jojo, he does make a living - and sadly his work is getting dearer since the exchange rate is not our friend now :(

Mind you - you are rather good too Joel!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE