new hot water carrying idea or is alternative available

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
Hello

Like many here I constantly review my kit for keeping it down to size. Mainly I work in hot places but occasionally (like now) I find myself in a cooler spot. For my cold weather kit I have a 58 pattern bottle, crusader cup and mug, plus a separate flask. Of course the bottle mug and cooker stack well inside a PLCE pouch. It occured to me that IF ONLY there was a thermos shaped like a 58 pattern mug I would be able to ditch the bottle and the additional flask (I already have a camelbak for additional water). So, is this a good idea, or does an alternative system already provide a stackable cooker, flask and mug?

cheers

Bob

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
Why not ditch the flask anyway and just brew up on the cooker Bob, is it not always practical ?

Thanks. Yes, that's what I've been able to do when (very) occasionally I feel the need for a brew in one of my hottish working places, but just the other day found myself in colder climes and in a vehicle where we didnt have the time to stop and brew up...so it would be nice to have the flask without having a separate bottle, and that will still stack neatly with the mug etc

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it's a good idea :D and I'd certainly be interested in one.

The only downside I can see is that at present one only uses the bottle for water, nothing else, so it's never tainted.
If it's a flask folks will add tea and coffee and soup and milky drinks, whereas just now you know the water bottle is only for water and it's safe to use.

cheers,
Toddy

I have one of the flask / mugs from Lifeadventure. It fits nicely into a PLCE ammo pouch (I presume you are carrying webbing?)

Simon

I've been using one of these for the last year and a half as I was fed up drinking out a crusador cup (too hot to use if you are cooking with it and cools to quick and not being able to store any hot liquid if I had surplus. I must say they are the best thing ever and they are light and easily hidden somewhere either in a pocket or pack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE