new hammock question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
after buying my recent surplus hammock and realising how light it was, i looked into hennasey ect and since then have considered other variations, on the hammock theme.

after seeing the simplicity of the designs i am going to have a bash at making a simular weatherproof hammock, that can also be used as a tent inner.

just three questions:

does anyone know of any blueprints for such a design?

for those using hennasey or other "posh" hammocks, how would you improve them if you could?

and how do you insulate your hammock, and does it work well?

cheers.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
theres a hammock camping website.. you might find something helpful there.. i will get the link in a bit.. enless someone has it to hand..

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
after buying my recent surplus hammock and realising how light it was, i looked into hennasey ect and since then have considered other variations, on the hammock theme.

after seeing the simplicity of the designs i am going to have a bash at making a simular weatherproof hammock, that can also be used as a tent inner.

just three questions:

does anyone know of any blueprints for such a design?

for those using hennasey or other "posh" hammocks, how would you improve them if you could?

cheers.

maybe you know the link already but that is a hammock link I kept:

http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

cheers
Abbe
:chill:

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
My hammock instructions are on the mainpage I think, they are simple and quick to make. You can add anything you like, my current one has a mossi-net, therma-rest pocket and stash-pockets down the sides. You can choose your own fabrics and make it as colourfull as you like, they're great!
Neil

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
RAPPLEBY2000 said:

cheers.

Quite a few people swear by skins as an insulator. I often use a semi inflated thermarest although I have used a foam mat as well. Some other things are a reflector blanket under the hammock (on the outside) A blizzard bag pulled right over the whole lot...Stuarts idea that one! The foiled windscreen covers seem quite popular in the states.

Neil with his mat sleeve has IMO one of the best ways of doing it. Lithril is also working on a Hammock at the moment, he's just waiting for the results of some trials..

Keep us informed on how you get on :biggthump

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
thanks for all the advice, i'm sort of going along the lines of a hammock that could serve as an inner tent also.

the one i recently bought does have some problems which is usefull because i can design around them!

i tried my hammock today with a poncho and liner around it just that thin liner really made a difference!

i shall go into more detail as i progress.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE