New Gun!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Camel

Forager
Nov 5, 2012
London
Go for it. :)

Be careful not to get oil clogging up the chequering and it should turn out very nicely.

Best thing is to pick up a kit like the Napier one and follow the instructions, it's laborious but not too tricky.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Nice Gun.

I'm looking at the side by side shotgun route for my first gun but wont be as pretty since it will mainly be used for hunting.

Camel

Forager
Nov 5, 2012
London
Nice Gun.

I'm looking at the side by side shotgun route for my first gun but wont be as pretty since it will mainly be used for hunting.

The main things in choosing a shotgun is whether or not the gun fits you, all other considerations are secondary.

On a rifle there is a back sight to align with the front, or a telescopic sight, but with a shotgun the eye itself is the back sight. Unless your gun places your head in the right position you will find it frustrating to hit with consistency.

If you are of fairly "average" build, something like an off the peg Beretta semi-auto or OU could well fit from the box, SS tend to be more idiosyncratic.

For your first gun it's a good idea to visit a clay ground with a decent instructor and follow his or her impressions on which guns suit you and which don't.

I wish I had started with a fitted gun rather than wasting two years trying to "make" it work with a gun that didn't fit.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE