Sold Greenroom136 Genesis ('W?ldcard Custom' backpack)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

minds_eye

Aug 30, 2011
South West UK
Ordered this 6-8 weeks back hoping to take it on holiday but it didn't quite get here in time, unfortunately, and another pack came up, so it has to be shifted.

A little unheard of in the UK, I guess. These are made in a one-man custom shop, bombproof packs with an absolute ton of features and organisation.

13iuK58.jpg

I added the following extras at cost:

- Fidlock magnetic buckles (pretty gucci self-closing buckles): to all straps (main compartment x 2, side compression x2, side pockets x2, sternum strap x1)
- External bellows lid pocket (accessible when closed)
- Internal mesh lid pocket (under lid)
- Added lids / flaps to the bottle pockets to give usable side pockets rather than gaping 1L pockets.
- Extended hidden pocket in rear (expanded to size of the back panel, so will fit an iPad etc)
- Added removable silencers to velcro closure (so lid can be opened without 'ripping' the velcro open).

Product page:
https://www.greenroom136.com/shop/W-ldcard-Genesis-Custom-Bag-Builder-p32693703

Details:
Size Large is listed as Width 32cm, Height 44cm, Depth 14cm - 20 litre capacity. Measuring the panels with a tape measure I would say it's more accurately 47 x 32 x 20cm and feels closer to 30L, though it compresses down to 8-10cm deep, when lightly loaded, so seems pretty versatile.

Shoulder straps are great. Light padding but wide so spread the weight nicely. I believe they and the back panel are lined with spacer mesh.

Colour: Brown with black webbing, buckles and black mesh back. The brown is close to that some companies use as coyote brown.

Features, including those custom ones I've had added (bear with me):
- Lifetime warranty
- 1000D urethane coated Genuine Cordura outer (imported from USA)
- 420D urethane coated oxford nylon inner (imported from USA)
- Fidlock magnetic self-closing buckles on all straps
- EVA padded shoulder straps w/ D rings and passthrough for hydration tubes
- Velcro closure on lid, with silencers to neutralise these if unwanted
- Extended liner that folds over under lid (like a bike messenger bag)
- Removable (velcro in) padded laptop sleeve
- Industrial grade 2" safety belt enforced shoulder harness with sternum strap
- 3 layer enforced Cordura nylon fabric bottom and vinyl enforced cover for better weather resistance.
- Side compression straps at top, with Fidlock QR fastening
- Webbing on lower front to accept extra pouches / lash on cargo (roll mats, blankets etc)

Pockets (bear with me, there are a lot):
- External bellows lid pocket (easily big enough for sunglasses in case, wallet, keys etc)
- Internal lid pocket, around the size of the lid (will take a large notebook plus paperback, gloves, hat etc).
- Large (full width / height of bag) vertical zip pocket on front panel of bag w/ key hanging loop
- Two horizontal zip pockets on front of bag (splits the front of the bag into 1/3 - 2/3).
- Two water bottle pockets, sized to take 1L Nalgene bottles, or tripods (held in my upper compression straps). I found the 1L Nalgene Oasis Canteen to be a nicer fit. Lids have been added to water bottle pockets to make them usable side pockets. Lids tuck away if not needed and 1L still fits nicely.
- Hidden security pocket under rear back padding (I had this expanded to the size of the whole back panel to take documents / iPads etc).
- Slot pockets the full height / width of the bag panels on both sides and front panel of the bag (between the liner and the outer). Front pocket is a great size of a waterproof jacket, maps etc. Side pockets are great fit for a machete, axe, umbrella, hydration bladders).
- Internal zip pocket (a5 ish size)
- Internal organiser (2 small slot pockets and one large pen pocket).
- Removable (velcro in) padded corduroy-lined laptop sleeve

Pictures:
Front:
13iuK58.jpg

Rear:
e4eYJhr.jpg

Upper front pocket with velcro silencers removed:
kFCxsuW.jpg

Lower front pocket:
604J8jm.jpg

Front full height pocket:
OZDUM3c.jpg

Lid bellows pocket:
tszJZhm.jpg

Front fidlock buckles (and bottom of lid bellows pocket / webbing):
dqwQuQV.jpg

Inner lid pocket:
Epeqedo.jpg

Slot pockets (sides and front):
W8AG8B2.jpg

Hidden rear pocket:
mzotPME.jpg

Details 1:
DgN1asD.jpg

Details 2:
GUIeSbh.jpg

Sternum strap:
g8rIqSD.jpg

Side pockets (w/ 1L canteen inside):
kEyicAO.jpg

Side pockets open, detail:
knCvsb0.jpg

Inner detail:
Hu3RehR.jpg

Internal organiser pockets:
OKBJIbA.jpg

Laptop pocket:
bCulYy8.jpg

Condition:
As new. Ordered this 6-8 weeks back hoping to take it on holiday but it didn't quite get here in time, unfortunately, and another pack came up, so it has to be shifted.

It has been filled with gear to try out, carried around the house and then stored. The only tweak is removing the sternum strap, which required snipping the stitching at the end of the adjustable sternum strap so it could be removed fully. This goes back on without issue.

Price:
Cost to me was £190 plus import charges / tax. Asking £155 shipped to UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE