New stove opinions and experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I LIKE the noise! :) :campfire: :)

For one thing, you can tell when it goes out. I have more than once found a silent burner had extinguished itself without telling me.

Agreed there are times when the roarer burners do tend to shatter the peace, but you can always choose a different moment.

Anyway iit's not like you have them running all day every day (sunndig excepted - I'm impressed you can use half a gallon of petrol in a week! My 111B lasts me a week and it's 400ml for a fill...)

Well another vote for old brass stoves, the Optimus Nova, and the Omnifuel (which I don't own at the moment but my mate Pete's got one and it runs great on paraffin).

More seriously, my take on it is that the old (and especially paraffin) stoves are a bit more frugal on fuel, in case anyone cares about that. I think I once boiled 500ml of water on an Optimus 96 using six grammes of paraffin.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I LIKE the noise! :) :campfire: :)

For one thing, you can tell when it goes out. I have more than once found a silent burner had extinguished itself without telling me.

Having use a Whisperlite and a Dragonfly, I like not waking up the wildlife for half a mile in every direction :p

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE