New arrivals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Hi all, great resource you have here.

I'm new to bushcraft as a formal entity but it turns out I've been practicing it for years without knowing! :)

Until a few years ago I'd never been interested in bushcraft for its own sake but now I find myself wanting learn the skills I may never need for day-to-day living.

I'm lucky enough to have travelled rough quite widely and in response to an unanswered question about myself, I arranged to be "stranded" on an uninhabited island in polynesia. This was about ten years ago (before it became fashionable to dump a group of irritating yappers in a beautiful "wilderness") I lived off a varied diet of coconuts (green), fish, grubs and insects, small lizards and more coconuts. It wasn't a true survival situation as I had taken supplies for emergencies and I knew someone would be coming back for me.

I think this kindled my interest in survival and bushcraft.

I'm no bushcraft expert- very much a novice in the skills often discussed in this forum. That's why I'm here.

Incidentally, my wife just gave birth to a little bushcrafting buddy for me to play with. You should have seen her face when I suggested calling him "Ray" (I was joking!) :D He'll grow up with a healthy attitude to life (and mud under his nails...)

Anyone know where to buy "My first firestick" from? :morpheus:

Best wishes all

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Welcome to both of you! I'm sure you will find lots of comments on Firesticks on this site. So far I have managed to find everything I've wanted to know about Bushcraft here. If you don't see it just ask, someone will know the answer. :lmao:

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Welcome Xav,

Pretty friendly place this - I'd like to hear more about your 'stranding' on the polynesian island! How long for? Where? What was the weather like?

And the question on everyone's lips - what grubs did you eat?!

Cheers fella.

Stu

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Hello and welcome to bcuk little treckers has a some reasonable stuff but i'm not sure they sell firesticks my boys one and I cant find him a "my fist hamock" anyware:DJames

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE