New Alox... Farmer X.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
If they added a small pruning blade into the mix like the Victorinox Pioneer 7, that would be my perfect alox

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I must have dreamed. I thought that the Farmer with scissors had been out for yonks.

I had a modded grey alox farmer at one time, but it was too heavy and I didn't carry it, so sold it. But I could have sworn Victorinox, almost immediately after that, released a scissory farmer. It's why I didn't feel quite so gutted when I realized what I'd done.

For alox, I like the Harvester. For everything else the Outrider and Compact :)

Last edited:

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I want one
I have a pioneer X and I really like that but it's missing the saw.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I must have dreamed. I thought that the Farmer with scissors had been out for yonks.

I had a modded grey alox farmer at one time, but it was too heavy and I didn't carry it, so sold it. But I could have sworn Victorinox, almost immediately after that, released a scissory farmer. It's why I didn't feel quite so gutted when I realized what I'd done.

For alox, I like the Harvester. For everything else the Outrider and Compact :)

Its a popular mod that ws being chruened out alot on Kifeforums.Bladeforums by a chap called Scibeer. It was expensive because you needed 3 donour knives since the scissors layer on the regular SAK came with a back tool, to not have one you'd need the original farmer, the donor with the scissors and a clean backspring from somthing like a Bantam or the single blade model - used to cost around $100+ even second hand

The only scissors Alox SAK they brought out was the Pioneer X which is withouth the SAW layer which came out in about 2015

personally I wish they'd fix the machinery and brought back the 85mm scissors range

I'd much prefer something like the old Artisan/Fieldmaster

Artisan-File.jpg

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Well, it's exactly what I've been waiting for, so I am going to set aside the pennies for it now. Everything about it - the inclusion of saw AND scissors, the alox handles, the resulting slightly thicker SAK - is brilliant. I can hardly wait for them to become available here, in the U.K.. I'd definitely be on for a group buy, if we can manage it.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Its a popular mod that ws being chruened out alot on Kifeforums.Bladeforums by a chap called Scibeer.

Ah, that's right. Scibeer was the guy who made mine. And, was it the Pioneer X I was thinking of?

Ift they could figure out a saw for the Compact, I'd snap it up ... if they could keep it compact :)

Last edited:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Its a popular mod that ws being chruened out alot on Kifeforums.Bladeforums by a chap called Scibeer. It was expensive because you needed 3 donour knives since the scissors layer on the regular SAK came with a back tool, to not have one you'd need the original farmer, the donor with the scissors and a clean backspring from somthing like a Bantam or the single blade model - used to cost around $100+ even second hand

The only scissors Alox SAK they brought out was the Pioneer X which is withouth the SAW layer which came out in about 2015

personally I wish they'd fix the machinery and brought back the 85mm scissors range

I'd much prefer something like the old Artisan/Fieldmaster

View attachment 58249

85mm Evolution Grip 18.

SAK_2_4913_C__S1.jpg

Reactions: Corso

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've looked at them both - I don't like the curve or the cut outs of that version either - it forces a hand posititon that only works for some cuts

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Finally a Farmer with Scissors.

HPVPNeKPPO3sYmYkewVwNBXVmt83hlZSJSCYNA66fGw.png

Available: from May 25, 2020

Supposedly.
As a constant user of my own Victorinox Rangergrip 78, this is a thing of beauty. It looks like the perfect edc......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Finally a Farmer with Scissors.

HPVPNeKPPO3sYmYkewVwNBXVmt83hlZSJSCYNA66fGw.png

Available: from May 25, 2020

Supposedly.

Jared, can you point me directly to the source of this information please? UK suppliers are saying they have no knowledge of this knife coming out I'm afraid :(

edit: Ah, just found your link, sorry.

Last edited:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Jared, can you point me directly to the source of this information please? UK suppliers are saying they have no knowledge of this knife coming out I'm afraid :(

edit: Ah, just found your link, sorry.

Odd. I would have thought that the pic of it came from Victorinox.
If they are a store exclusive, that'd be really annoying, but no indication it is.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've asked my sister in Germany to swing by a knife shop that carries SAK's after the launch date.

They might have it as she's just on the German Swiss border :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE