SAK Farmer Alox pocket clip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I’m looking at getting a Farmer Alox, but do not like carrying knives on a lanyard or just floating loose in my pocket.

Does anyone know of either a pocket clip kydex sheath that would fit a Farmer Alox, or a pocket clip that fits the knife itself without drilling holes?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I agree with you entirely about a knife floating loose in your packet - I carry my Farmer Alox on a leather belt hook so the knife sits in my pocket, hanging from my belt, but doesn't sit at the bottom of the pocket. It's not visible externally but, at the same time, doesn't weigh down my pocket :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
ahkrxgw5f5ja1.jpg

The large clips on the Alox model & GAK are Niteize Hip Clips, they come with the 3M VHB tape.

Believe the smaller ones are KeySmart nano clips, but don't come with tape.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Not sure seen a Kydex case, leather slip cases with pocket clip are fairly common on Etsy

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I agree with you entirely about a knife floating loose in your packet - I carry my Farmer Alox on a leather belt hook so the knife sits in my pocket, hanging from my belt, but doesn't sit at the bottom of the pocket. It's not visible externally but, at the same time, doesn't weigh down my pocket :)
That’s how I carry me keys, I can’t stand me pockets all weighed down.

Reactions: Broch

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I've done a bit of a combination of Broch and Jared's recommendations and gone for a suspension pocket clip, hoping that it will keep it tucked out of the way enough. Will report back on Saturday when the two items (hopefully) arrive.

Thanks for the ideas!

Reactions: CLEM

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
Interesting thread... being lazy and rarely able to persuade Mrs GNJC to reinforce the insides of my pockets, I have a large number or trousers and shorts with a conspicuous (some might say suspicious) hole rubbed through where the end of my Victorinox Mauser rubs as it lies flat in the pocket... :rolleyes:

The suggestions for suspension are fine, but I don't often wear belts; so a clip could be ideal. @Jared do you find the stick-on clip to be in the way, irritating, awkward etc. when using a knife?

I use my knife many times a day, especially this time of year with the cattle in, and I've a nagging doubt that such a clip may prove to be uncomfortable with repeated or extended use.

@Broch will you post a pic of the 'hook' set-up you have; I'm sure many can envisage just what you mean, but I'm not one of them. TIA

Reactions: CLEM

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The suggestions for suspension are fine, but I don't often wear belts; so a clip could be ideal. @Jared do you find the stick-on clip to be in the way, irritating, awkward etc. when using a knife?

I don't use a clip. If carrying a SAK usually have cargo pants on and SAK, lighter, and flashlight are carried in a slim pocket on 5.11s.

Reactions: Smudge

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Interesting thread... being lazy and rarely able to persuade Mrs GNJC to reinforce the insides of my pockets, I have a large number or trousers and shorts with a conspicuous (some might say suspicious) hole rubbed through where the end of my Victorinox Mauser rubs as it lies flat in the pocket... :rolleyes:

I use my knife many times a day, especially this time of year with the cattle in, and I've a nagging doubt that such a clip may prove to be uncomfortable with repeated or extended use.

@Broch will you post a pic of the 'hook' set-up you have; I'm sure many can envisage just what you mean, but I'm not one of them. TIA
This is what I've bought to try out tomorrow, no belt required:

Reactions: CLEM and GNJC

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
OK, it’s all arrived. I think this will work just nicely.

I’ve attached some pictures. In the one where it is clipped on the outside of my pocket, this is to show you how deep it sits into my jeans pocket. Highlighted in red is a small torch sat flat in the bottom of my pocket just so you can see where the bottom is.

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 40

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
OK, it’s all arrived. I think this will work just nicely.

I’ve attached some pictures. In the one where it is clipped on the outside of my pocket, this is to show you how deep it sits into my jeans pocket. Highlighted in red is a small torch sat flat in the bottom of my pocket just so you can see where the bottom is.
I’ve been using one like that for years. Might experiment with a blue sharpie to make it less visible ..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE